Garena esports discriminating ?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by lolmontoya, February 3, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Do you legitimately believe males are just genetically better at games, if so: why?
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

I do because that's what the statistics tell me.
    notgunked likes this.
  3. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Skarlett is a transgender, professional starcraft 2 player. She managed to place very well in the league's that she played in. She may be a statistical anomaly but she's a damned good one.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

any top player is a statistical anomaly. Any normal players has 50% win/loss
  5. poiuasd

She is biologically male.
  6. squishypon3

Biased statistics.
    Geers likes this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I dunno who they think they're fooling with such a sentence.

Even the homophobe reading this will have to go "errrr, no! the opposite dumbass! less diversity please"
    stuart98 likes this.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I have never seen a female professional hockey player that I could beat in a fight.
  9. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Less female players play period. If you're going to look at statistics, you need to account for the percentages of both.

What % of males are professionals and how good are they? What % of females are professional and how good are they? Statistics say less women play games in general, it makes sense that there would be less professional ones, and that the odds of extremely high skilled edge cases would be significantly lower.

Either way, the gay limit is dumb. On top of that, if they were looking for fairness then trans people should just be forced to play in their native genders league. It's all dumb. And I'm still enjoying it.
    tehtrekd and squishypon3 like this.
  10. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

OT: I'm just gonna go with Female players have to deal with a hell of a lot more vitriol, and there are just generally less of us, that it kinda happens that like 90% of Competitive, E-Sports career pursuing players are male. Overall in gaming, there's NO biological advantage, it's all just reflex and tactics.
    Last edited by a moderator: February 5, 2015
    squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  11. squishypon3

What do you suggest gives people of the male sex the "game gene" that magically makes them better? Is it their brains, to which a transgender wouldn't fit with, as the effects of estrogen have a profound effect on the mind, or physically? To which we'd also no fit into as the effects of estrogen greatly reduce muscle mass.

I'm just asking: Tell me what you believe could actually cause a member of the male sex to be better at games, other than your biased statistics. (they don't compare how many female pros there are in relation to females in gaming in general, and male pros to regular male players, while instead just comparing male and female pro numbers, which is clearly biased.)
    cptconundrum and stuart98 like this.
  12. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Well, to be fair there are studies that show that men, on average, have better reaction time and hand-eye coordination than women.

(Although to be fair again, gaming has been all but proven to improve both of those, so... Yeah.)
    arseface likes this.
  13. tatsujb

"there are studies that ....." is not the begining of proof of anything.

there are a lot of studies yeah, and a ton of them are contradictory.

there are studies showing that that there is a high likelyhood that the FSM is the one true god.

there are studies that backup hollow earth theory.

there are studies about the little green men that visited us in their flying saucers and their behaviour.

while I do understand the male and female brain is different. I do believe the majority of males can be tied into something scocial rather than biological.

yes women have instincs that may push them to persue other things but so have men.

as for the hand eye coordination thing it may be true but how can one assume this is sufficient to give an advantage?

the whole picture is not being taken into accout. What about women's enhanced logic drive? what about their better ability to multitask (again both of these are hard to proove)? don't they potentially help in games?
    Last edited: February 5, 2015
  14. poiuasd

To me the most important statistics are the scores of matches between the absolute top female entities versus their male counterparts. It usually shows a massive difference in their levels of play.
    For example there has been 2 online qualifier tournaments for the ESL Katowice event of CS:GO just recently. The top female teams (3DMAX, Bad Monkey Gaming) played in those but neither of them got past the round of 128, losing to some random no-name male mixes.

I don't know the scientifical reason to this and I don't really care, that's just how it seems to be.
  15. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Maybe those teams just sucked?
  16. tatsujb

again 100% social

if these girls were born into a world where there were just as many pro female gamers as male, they would have experienced the same kind or drive, concurrence and effort towards the goal of being n°1 as their male counterparts.

therefore there would be just as many female champions as male.

it's not biological.