Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Forgive me, I took your place :<
  2. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Don't worry, i'll get up again, better 2 p's than 1, but you need to get top 9 so i don't take your spot :p
  3. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Sorry, I jsut dropped you guys down a rank :p
    cdrkf and jonasmod like this.
  4. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

So Promethean Wednesdays guys... anyone joining us on TeamSpeak?
  6. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

7. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Last exam tomorrow morning, then I'll finally be free!

Anyone want to partner up with me for the clopsey this saturday since me & headcrab got banned? I'm mid platinum so I'm guessing anyone platinum or lower would be fine.
  8. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I happy about how many teams signed up for the 2v2 clopsey tournament and quite happy with amount of time i practiced with Holt so we could seriously play the tournament and not troll and throw the game while zaphodx was casting ( We don't want people to think we are a scrubby clan of course )

So congrats guys :rolleyes: ( gg )
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Clan wars were... disappointing I say. Not last game. After last game good words were said, that you needed more expansion, and for me, more units on planets you took. And more units overall, and more harass early. But we can and will do better ;)
  10. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Maybe we should have practiced :rolleyes: It's just that many members who are signed are a bit too busy irl right now to really practice a lot.
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. cdrkf

Really sorry I couldn't make it, though I caught the last game you guys played and you knocked it out the park! Well we're not winning this thing now but it shows we can still play against the best of them :) Also gotta say VoW were really on form- when we've played them in the past we've won quite easily but not so yesterday.
    jonasmod likes this.
  12. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

VoW definitely performed way over my expectations. And we should have practiced. At least one game... xD
    xanoxis and cdrkf like this.
  13. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Yeah VoW Were playing exceptionally well. and you could really see that we only started playing really well in our last match.

For the next fixture Ill try to be online more and participate the practice rounds. Cause in de first 2 game I feel I played like a 2 year old first holding a console controller.
    evilhands and cdrkf like this.
  14. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

This. I felt this too.
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. cdrkf

It happens guys, everyone has off days :p
  16. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Seeing that @thatbluehawkeye wants to join the Promethean, I though of something. Many of the new members are not top 10 players (duh) and often not even gold players. Should we, every time a new players joins, set him up with an old Promethean member as some form of "mentorship" for a few games? That will hopefully make them want to stay longer (because they get to know people) and raise the average level-of-play for new members.

I could set up some guidelines and stuff on the website if some of you oldies are interested. If you are, please tell me!
    stuart98 and cdrkf like this.
  17. lapsedpacifist

Sounds like a good idea, I've already played a couple of 2v2s with ThatBlueHawkEye and although only silver league atm he's got a good grasp of game mechanics/expansion etc. With a bit of training I could definitely see him being a great player.

On the other hand, he's danish and the ratio of scandinavian to everything else in this clan is getting pretty dire :p Maybe one of you swedes should train him up, foster some neighbourly love.
    stuart98 likes this.
  18. evilhands

evilhands New Member

hehe neighbourly "love".
    http://satwcomic.com/nordic-brothers
  19. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Seeing that some people like this idea, I'll write some guidelines on the website soonish. In the meantime, let's make our best efforts to make @thatbluehawkeye want to stay. Remember Promethean Wednesday tonight! I'll... hopefully be on...
  20. lapsedpacifist

Sadly I can't make it tonight, a friend has an interview at my uni so I'm putting him up for the night. This also gives me an excuse to go out and eat a decent meal for a change :p

I might make it on late afternoon though if anyone's gonna be around.