Human Resources is still in our hands (art thread)

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by stonewood1612, October 27, 2014.

1. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

:eek: First post !!!

Also... HR re-confirmed
    Remy561 likes this.
  2. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You know, normally I get annoyed by people bumping month-old threads, but in this case I think I'll make an exception.

HYPE!
    Remy561, stuart98 and Raevn like this.
  3. respite

respite New Member

HYPE TRAIN BACK ON TRACK

[​IMG]
    xankar, radongog, Remy561 and 3 others like this.
  4. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

The sudden alert scared me... I haven't had any in a while :p

I have not posted in almost two weeks... I'm slowly creeping off this forum. But I'll never be gone completely, I still check the forum at least once a day.

Meanwhile, I'm making my own game, with pixel art graphics. Plan on getting it to touchscreen devices, possibly PC as well. But who knows when that happens... I've been very busy with school and stuff. It depends on a lot of things. As for these drawings on this forum, like I said previously, I want to do a couple for PA too. When? I never give dates. I don't like dates. They taste weird.

As for calling these beautiful, heh. I call them sketches. I have not unleashed my true power yet. :D

And as for you, Nsimpson, can you introduce yourself? Are you Uber's new recruit or an old veteran who was hiding in the dark, suddenly jumping out with a first post? :)

Edit: Ah wait I see, you're Nate Simpson, the Art Director for HR. I knew I recognized that name. I'm bad at remembering names in general :p
    Last edited: February 3, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. jables

jables Uber Employee

Nate did the art style for HR, as well as a comic called Nonplayer (as well as demigod and lots of others). He's a freaking amazing artist :)

http://www.nonplayercomic.com/
    stuart98 and Remy561 like this.
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

>Says hype train is back on track
    >Gif shows train leaving track.
  7. albykamy

albykamy New Member

Great pictures!.. but very sinister....
  8. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

This post gave you an awesome "Messages to Likes Received"-Ratio... :cool:
    stuart98 likes this.
  9. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

#ShotsFired
    stuart98 likes this.
  10. dreizehn

dreizehn Active Member

Looking at PA and the HR trailer I somehow regret not liking strategy games.
  11. respite

respite New Member

Oh man, you gotta at least try a Command & Conquer game. Some might argue that they're a bit of a simplified RTS, but I think that's a good thing in many ways. Like you, I've never quite enjoyed Annihilation-stlye RTS's either. But C&C I've grown to love. I recommend trying Red Alert 2 or Generals: Zero Hour first, as they're arguably the best in the series. And if you give C&C 3 a go, I think you'll get a feel for what Human Resources' gameplay would have been like.
  12. dreizehn

dreizehn Active Member

I played C&C Red Altert (I think it was this one) somewhere around 1999, tried Civilization 1 & 2, The Settlers 1 and Age of Empires 1 - all on PC plus Defender of the Crown on C64.
    Summarized I'd say I never enjoyed any kind of strategy game with Dungeon Keeper 1 solo play being the only exception due to its nice motivation. ^^
    Still thank for the suggestion. I think the story behind C&C is great and that's the reason why I really wanted to try it back then.
    respite likes this.
  13. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I'm willing to bet they could retry successfully after the PA save update goes live
    Last edited: March 3, 2015
    respite likes this.
  14. respite

respite New Member

Hopefully!

$380,000 pledged, despite the problems that plagued the original Kickstarter campaign, is a pretty amazing feat. Now that PA has recieved a whole bunch of updates and features that people complained about in the HR comments, I think we'd be able to reach a significantly larger amount of pledges.

I hope it's possible for Uber to try again...
  15. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Maybe, though I think for HR to be successful they need to tick a few boxes they didn't with PA (namely I think it could be an ideal candidate for a more in depth single player component- I mean the concept and story sound great).
  16. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

considering the current known upcomming rts's i would still be most intrested in HR just for the theme alone ...
    can't explain it well but it kinda gives a similar vibe of surreality some factions do in WH40k dawn of war