Uber Commander Pack

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by pizzalover3000, February 2, 2015.

1. pizzalover3000

pizzalover3000 Active Member

When I first heard that there were different commanders I was like "ho hum new commanders, no one cares". But I recently wasn't able to connect to the uber network and i played a game with all the commanders unlocked. I was like "wow these commanders I would be willing to buy". So I was getting out my wallet to chip in a few bucks to buy commanders... then i saw the price.

9.99! FOR ONE?!?!?! :O

I know this has been hashed over before, but maybe we can resolve to a win-win situation, for uber and the players.

Uber has to make money, and personally I want them to make money. But I also am a customer, and I know when I am getting ripped.

PA isn't Dota, so if cosmetics are going to be implemented, find a better way.

The Uber Commander 2/3 pack, sounds like a better deal than one commander for 9.99.

I dunno, just my two cents on the topic
    christer1966, Remy561 and tatsujb like this.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

When PA goes on sale on Steam, the Digital Deluxe pack usually does too. I got three commanders in that for $5
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Some of them are $5 which I think is a pretty reasonable price. I wouldn't pay more than that for 1 skin though. I think between $3-$5 would probably be a good range, but I'm sure uber's done market research or whatever and knows best...
    christer1966 and tatsujb like this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Backers also make money off the comms, so this is basically set in stone.

Uber also gave away a high res commander texture mod on PAMM for free, I think that's worth the price right there alone.

$10 for a model is cheap.
    Nicb1, DeathByDenim and cptconundrum like this.
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Yeah I think it's just about right. $10 is priced so that most people can afford one but it's not likely that anyone will have all that many. That way when we show off our commanders everybody thinks we're special. And we are. Because we have commanders.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

they often go on sale too, if its a little steep, you can get them then.
  7. pizzalover3000

pizzalover3000 Active Member

Oh, okay. Good to know. Thanks! :D
  8. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

I honestly like the higher price, because it means people are going to generally only buy their favorites and not all of them. Owning a commander becomes more meaningful because they aren't exactly cheap. Its one of those cases where making something cost more makes them worth more, too.
  9. jeffrobot

jeffrobot Member

I would pay 9.99 for this guy. I take it he was an exclusive kickstarter backer reward?
    [​IMG]
    Remy561 likes this.
  10. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Don't think so. If it's in the game files but not in the armoury, that means one of two things:

1: It's not yet available.
    2: It's a $1000 backer unique commander, and the backer decided not to let it go on sale in the armoury, so they can keep it unique for themselves.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Kapowaz was created by the kickstarter backer @kapowaz.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

And he commented in a thread recently that he's still on the fence about allowing it to go on sale....
    squishypon3 likes this.