Hotfix build 77725 now live

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 30, 2015.

1. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Any chance of improvement to pelican load/unload system? It's beyond dreadful for loading more than one unit. load area command is bad because it randomly picks up any unit it finds, and not the specific units i want to pick up.

You can't even shift click to pick up units....
    Remy561, Zaphys, stuart98 and 2 others like this.
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

The torpedo symbol aiming up is the symbol for tac missiles. The bluehawk T2 bomber and catapult have it as well...
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Why does that need a symbol? What does it signify that existing icons don't already tell me?
    stuart98 and mered4 like this.
  4. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Icons so confusing.....lool
  5. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

don't ask me...
    Last edited: January 31, 2015
  6. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

It probably had something to do with the anchor weapon events changing I think. Just let me know if you need the old PA-FX files.

Sorry @stuart98 for the inconveniance! I know you got busy checking the stuff of your mod. My apologies.
  7. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

The issue was the anchor was updated with new weapons and the JSON file in the mod was now pointing at a non existent tool JSON spec. The game was crashing when it tried to read data from it even though there wasn't anything there.
    Remy561, proeleert and cola_colin like this.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I still have a defense_satellite_tool_weapon, and even saw it change in the last update. Did it just not get properly removed by the updater?
  9. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

The updater only updates or adds files. It doesn't remove them. As far as I know it only checks the files in the manifest it gets from the Uber servers and leaves the rest untouched.
  10. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I'm not sure about that, when I tried updating AP my script failed because the defense_satellite_ammo.json was gone, replaced with defense_satellite_ammo_ground.json and defense_satellite_ammo_orbital.json
  11. Boamere

Boamere New Member

Been playing some Galactic War, I have the naval advanced tech but the subs don't seem to appear...Have I got the wrong tech? Or is it not yet implemented in GW
  12. wondible

Not true. It deletes my devtools every time. ;^)
    DeathByDenim and Raevn like this.
  13. wondible

Uber doesn't seem to be touching GW until they do a full pass on it. Meanwhile...

GW Unit Cannon and Friends
    trialq likes this.
  14. Boamere

Boamere New Member

Thanks dude :)
  15. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Huh, never knew that. :)
    The Linux ones don't anyway. :)
    (I think... :))
  16. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

I've found a HUGE balance problem/bug in this build.

On very small planetoids, Anchors outrange and destroy Umbrellas and everything else, and with them building so fast now and having vision on the ground, I've seen several examples of a single orbital fabber destroying everything on a planet within minutes. What's worse, Bluehawks refuse to even try to fire at the Anchors. They just stand there and do nothing when given the order, probably due to the curvature of the planet getting them confused. The only way to deal with the Anchors are nukes, which are usually too costly on maps with small planets.

I like the more powerful Anchors but this scaling issue needs to be fixed!
  17. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

You know, I'm not sure Bluehawks can hit Anchors at all - I tried to target anchors with them yesterday, wondering what would happen, and what happened was that they flew directly underneath the Anchor, didn't fire, and were immediately vaporized. Anybody know if or how the anti-orbital capability actually works?

Also, yeah, saw the small planet problem also, but lots of stuff doesn't work when the radius gets really small. Blocked shots, buildings won't build, movement issues, etc. No complaining, I know it's a complicated issue, but it's just one of many hiccups concerning tiny spheres.
  18. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

They should implement a minimum planet size to solve this, and actually implement true asteroid belts which work differently to normal planets.
  19. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

Absolutely not. Removing features is NEVER the solution. Almost all the maps I play on have some very tiny, Mario Galaxy-esque planetoids and everyone loves playing on them. I've never had problems with them before, it's only the buffed Anchor and bugged anti-orbital weapons that's making them problematic.

The actual solution is simply to fix the bug preventing anti-orbital missiles from firing, and setting a minimum range to Umbrellas regardless of planet size so they always outrange Anchors.
    nlaush likes this.
  20. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Subs shooting pretty buggy.Can't hurt ships if they are too close:

[​IMG]

Please fix it! Its really annoying...
    ArchieBuld, Remy561 and stuart98 like this.