1. armyguygx

armyguygx New Member

Can someone enable a super easy thing, making mines actually not seen so they can actually be of use for once? Or just remove them.
  2. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

so like make them not visible to everybody (which needs to happen)? I don't understand what your asking/ posting...
  3. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

or just make them only visible to combat fabbers so they can actually be ******* useful.
    lucidnightmare likes this.
  4. ndm250

ndm250 New Member

um... making them completely invisible would be super op
  5. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

They could be given a lot more HP, and be given a low-priority as a target. That way if your units were going over a minefield, you'd be slowed down while your units killed the mines, and if there were enemy units nearby you'd be unable to push forward because your units would be shooting the enemies units instead of the mines, and if you did go forward, you'd roll over mines and explode.

It could be good if the mines had the exact right amount of HP so that with default spacing, Infernos would take them out before getting blown up. If this wasn't enough HP to last long against other units, the Infernos (maybe Vanguards too) could get a damage buff versus them. Usually I don't like these sort of arbitrary multipliers, but it could be cool. That would hopefully encourage Inferno use a bit. The mines could also be given a slight delay before exploding, so that if you drove over them with a bunch of Skitters or Booms, they wouldn't kill the units - that could add some interesting late-game uses for those units.

I have played with "completely" invisible mines with Galactic War cards and in Boom Bot Wars. It kind of works, but it is very frustrating for the attacking player, and would probably be overpowered with the mines current cost of 20 metal. I wouldn't want the mines cost to be increased because it makes creating large fields of them less viable.
  6. zx0

zx0 Well-Known Member

Completely invisible is kinda OP, making them hardly visible (like, 20% sight range, no radar) would be ok.
  7. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

Having the combat fabber also work like a mine detector sounds like a cool idea to me.
    lizard771 likes this.
  8. mrman123917

mrman123917 New Member

I think making the mines act like they do in boom bot wars could be an idea, where they jump at the target, could make them more useful when also increasing the range for when they go off.
  9. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I think they need to be invisible (radar and sight) unless you have a mine-sweeper bot (possibly an added skill for the combat fabber).
    DalekDan, nick2k and cdrkf like this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Out of interest currently they're only visible with radar coverage....
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Also thinking about it, maybe the ta solution to mines could work here... Make them totally invisible to everything, but only while they have power. You then balance them by adjusting the running cost to keep them cloaked...
    DalekDan and lafncow like this.
  12. armyguygx

armyguygx New Member

Iv made huge amounts of mines, and if you just sent units though it, they kill the mines faster than the units drive. Its like totally counter intuitive to what a mine field should do. It should have a dedicated counter unit to see, and be done with it.
  13. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Will mines on water be possible soon?
  14. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

Yes! it would make combat fabbers more useful if they were the only ones with a mine finder
    cdrkf and ace902902 like this.
  15. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Mines used to only be on water back in alpha/beta, haha! XD
  16. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I'm in favor of the "takes-longer-to-kill-than-drive-through" option, plus invisibility to radar. Contrary exceptions to WYSIWYG on a regular basis becomes frustrating if the rules aren't explicitly clear. Right now, the rules we have are pretty well set;

-Orbital units are invisible without an Orbital Radar powered up
    -Subs are immune to radar

Adding "Mines are immune to radar" and making soft changes to their HP to change whether or not units sent blindly into the fray will run over them would solve their current problem handily.