Private Matches 2015

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by murkyduh, January 18, 2015.

1. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

Isn't he still upset? You know... about the airstrike?
    naka333 likes this.
  2. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

No clue man no clue, but I think chron has repented for his cross map air strike.
  3. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

Did the J3P AND the JPB3 message you or are you confusing us with each other? :confused:
    teapot likes this.
  4. notgunkedcontrol

Just double checked and I am messing you guys up.... my bad.
  5. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I had confused you guys for the looooongest time. I thought they were both your tags
    naka333 likes this.
  6. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

I feel so offended right now :D
  7. teapot

haha sorry man. only thing is i never really played or talked to him. Did you ever have 2 accounts?
    naka333 likes this.
  8. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

Nope, just the one.. Well except for an alt I made back in the day to mess with Jon and Feedle.
  9. murkyduh

murkyduh Active Member

ima try one tonight
  10. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

If/when I decide to jack my 360 back from a friend expect to see me in these soon.
    Disturbance24 likes this.
  11. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

pm sorta

me snakedog fatttmcfat poem treybird nootoons thrown grimreaper

Odd
  12. zabari

zabari New Member

Whats up with the private matches, I've actually never done one and I played tons few years back. How do you get in? There some written and/or unwritten rules. I just got a 360 again and I just want to play one of my all time fav games. I'm Neska00 on 36o formerly zabari
  13. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Next private match we play ill hit you up ill mssg u some names you should add who host privates
  14. zabari

zabari New Member

Thanks bud, appreciate that.
  15. notgunkedcontrol

As for the spoken rules in private matches we pick teams playground style. Play ammo mule , steel peel, lazer razor in a set before re picking. Juice turned off, bot spawn off, 20 minute match length, 1 of each class, no building turrets except for the 2 default ones in your base.

As for unspoken rules because your new your going to be put in support most likely so don't say "I don't have jet boots I can't follow you there" or "I can't find you". Make sure you ask about your endorsements before playing any privates when your starting out. Add GC2MT on Xbox I think my friends list might be full so just shoot me a message and I'll clear space and add you. I would also suggest messaging "teapot yo" if your actually serious about picking up the game and are willing to improve or else just don't waste his time.

Might not be getting on the 360 for a couple days because evolve is coming out so you'll probably only see me on there for pm's or if I see you in I might hop over, but I know scratchy still plays mnc most days because he hasn't upgraded consoles.

Edit: can't believe I typed that much on mobile and didn't get any customers at work.
  16. teapot

The game has evolved so much since the old days.. it's really hard to explain how. The game has just been really streamlined since then so there will be a bit of a learning curve, but as long as you like the game and are open to tweaking your classes mentalities a bit you'll do just fine.

There are only 3 people that you should add to get into Private Matches often. Me, "Teapot Yo" Ground Control "GC2MT" and Yoshi "AswimmingYoshi" We're the three that put them together, but add as many MNC guys as you want.

There are some written and unwritten rules to PM's though. When we play privates, we play 6v6, enforce 1 of each class, and turn juice buying off. We only play Ammo Mule, Steel Peel, and LazeRazer since they are better competitive maps. We don't play grenadeIII because it was "too hard" in pick up PM's due to usually have one or two players that are mismatched. We completely avoid Spunky due to bad frame rate issues and lag.

Since juice buying is off, we have an agreement not to buy or upgrade any turrets in the level EXCEPT for the two hubs located by the money ball. The game becomes a complete stalemate before OT when each base has 6 level 3 rockets since nobody can juice them down. When juice buying is on it because a cheese fest of padding K/Ds. With Juice buying off it takes aways the passive mentality of playing for streaks/stats.

Some unwritten rules we have involve various glitches or just poor childish mentality. Glitches like the "invisible firebase" (throwing a firebase on a jump-pad, thus making it invisible to everyone except for the host) "Insta-strikes" (where you throw an airstrike off the map and underneath a player, thus making it explode instantly with no real warning) "anni-strikes" (where you throw an airstrike in the middle of the glass on the giant helmet in your spawn, instead of the airstrike hitting where you threw it, it glitches and explodes under the anni) and the worst one.. "spawn strikes" (where you throw an airstrike underneath the two support beams in the center of their spawn, and the airstrike kills the players in spawn) That's a horrible one, and can glitch players into freezing so it's ground for getting kicked out of PMs.

Some things are frowned upon, like meleeing bots from behind to build juice, especially on slayer classes and uneven teams. There are a lot of people who would rather take advantage of new players rather than win the game or push for their team. Things like slaying their entire team as a gunner and running back to your base. Playing for juice and using them in ineffective ways/padding stats. Playing support and refusing to follow and leash your gunner.. or not tapping the moneyball as an assault or assassin while it's down and instead going for kills.

Unfortunately the first person who had responded to you frequently bends or breaks these rules, so I suggest branching out to more MNC members if you want to get involved. I also suggest watching some videos from people who record private matches.

Look up TeapotYo on youtube, Gunked on youtube, GunkedGaming on youtube, Ground Control on youtube and some older gameplays from Shammas and Chron1cle on youtube. There are tons of videos of each class in privates, and I'm sure you'll see small things here and there.

Which are your best classes? Which are your most favorite classes? Who did you used to play with back in the day?
    naka333 likes this.
  17. zabari

zabari New Member

Hey Teapot and Gunk I got you're invite and message. I didn't have time to really get into the game. I was just messing around. Anyway big thanks for reaching out. I hate exploits and stuff like that. Didn't even know about all those. I love you guys turn off juice buying. So funny I was looking at a post I wrote in like 2011 on how that feature should be turned off. Little surprised by the no turrents but hey I trust you guys. I'm looking to have fun and willing to learn. My best classes are support then assualt, little tank and sniper; no gunner or ninja. I look forward to playing. Thanks again.
  18. feedle

feedle Post Master General

theres a way to turn them off in pubs.. look up custom pubs and how to set them up.. i bumped the topic recently
    thing is you will need two people to do it
    naka333 and leov1993 like this.
  19. teapot

I think I finally figured out a decent set up for capping MNC game volume, party volume, and my own voice. Kinda a weird balance using my laptops internal mic. It's tough finding that balance for each game.
    naka333 likes this.
  20. notgunkedcontrol

I'm going to try and get some rolling tonight when I get home at 9 pacific.