New building/expirimental resouce gathering thing.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mastermufin, January 31, 2015.

1. mastermufin

mastermufin New Member

So, I had an idea, probably a pretty bad idea that has been suggested a couple thousand times before, but still an idea. The idea is about new resouce gathering thing, and that is... a giant drill! So basically, you can build a massive drill that mines into planets, depending on the planet type, it will give more metal, and very little energy. (very little being actually quite alot) But you are probably already typing "OMG DIS OP DELETE THRED NAOW" But there is a draw back to this, depending on planet size, you can mine out its core after a certain amount of time, the more drills, the faster it mines out the planet. When the planet is mined out (or close to being mined out) you get a warning saying "Siesmic activity detected" after a minute or so another alert comes up saying "Planet Colapse iminint" and the planet colapses into itself!

heres a picture of the drill, I dont have any 3D moddeling software so I drew it in paint.
    Drill.png
    I am completly aware that this is a really crap "drawing" but it gives the general idea of what the drill should look like.

Anyway hat- I mean constructive critizim is welcome!
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

we have jigs for gasgiants already that are like a big boost in metal and energy ... soooo no real need for krypt... errrr planetcollapsing coredrills needed ...
  3. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

in a multi-planet system if this was implemented all you would have to do is gain a foothold on an enemy planet spam these drills and just keep defending till the planet is destroyed of course there are other ways to win a game,

these drills would:
    a. pay for themselves.
    b. allow more disposable income to pump into defending these drills.
    c. if you had a planet dedicated to factory's only with a teleporter linked to the planet with the drills on them you could pump out so many units that it would be almost impossible to breach the death ball protecting the drills and that's not including turrets and artillery buildings.
  4. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

In principle i like the idea of destroying your own planets for a benefit, but really, we already have that kinda dynamic in the form of halleys.

I'm also not entirely sure i agree with the concept of a single resource building giving you both metal and energy in the first place either. Jigs should probably be costing energy to run, and actually give us a reason to build the energy satellites.