APPCRASH

Discussion in 'Support!' started by miliascolds, January 30, 2015.

1. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

getting a not responding appcrash repeatedly after the update, just throwing it out there.
    if there is a file to upload or something please tell me and i'll do what i can
    christer1966 likes this.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That depends on your OS. If you use Windows, then you can upload a DxDiag.txt, which you can make by pressing <Win>+R, typing "dxdiag" and pressing the "Save All Information..."-button. Use the "Upload a File"-button on this forum to upload it here. If you use Mac or Linux, which version of it and what's your graphics cards and which driver version does it use.

Also PA logs are helpful. You can find them here:
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log
    On a typical install %LOCALAPPDATA% will be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log

Just delete all of the files that are there, start PA, make it crash and upload the newly created file here.
  3. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

there were some UI only mods, but i disabled and still happened

Attached Files:

christer1966 likes this.
  4. DeathByDenim

From the logs it seems you still use the 14.9 drivers of AMD (if I read it correctly). Can you try installing the latest 14.12 drivers from the AMD site?
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64

If it still doesn't work after that, could you also post the DxDiag.txt?
  5. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

I installed the latest drivers and it crashed attempting to view the replay of that game, I will try and get a DXdiag, though it was fine before the update yesterday so.
  6. DeathByDenim

Well, new update also means that there may have been improvements on the graphical side of PA, which can trigger driver bugs that were previously accidentally avoided. It could of course also be a bug in PA. Fortunately, crash reports are automatically uploaded to Uber for analysis. In any case, do you have the lobby ID? I'm wondering if it will make my client crash as well.
  7. DeathByDenim

Actually, I've been studying those crash logs a bit. They are kind of odd. I think you use the UberLauncher, right? Could you try hitting "Verify" two or three times and than try playing the game?
  8. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

i did hit verify a bunch, no hints it downloaded anything, just got home, will get you lobby id and try more verify and dxdiag, though i don't think dx is related
    Last edited: January 31, 2015
  9. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

Lobby ID 8245545403404539661

Attached Files:

10. DeathByDenim

Thanks. A dxdiag show more than just dx stuff, it also shows info on your hardware and drivers. You have so many drives! All the way up to "L:". Anyway, I also noticed that you have USB speakers. The have been a few reports that USB headsets can cause crashes for an as of yet unknown reason. Could you try unplugging them and see if it still crashes? That's just for testing purposes of course. Another thing I've noticed is that you have unsigned drivers for your Creative SB X-Fi. You can try installing the updates for that one. I think you can get them here:
    http://support.creative.com/Downloads/searchdownloads.aspx?filename=XFXA_PCDRV_LB_WIN8_1_04_0090.exe

Finally, do you happen to have any software on this list:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/
    It's a list of software known to cause trouble.

I also tried the lobby ID you sent. It worked fine for me without crashing. That's one funky lava planet by the way.
  11. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

don't have things on that list, that lava planet was shitty to actually play on, as per the start location being not very fair. also there are really only 3? hard disks in there, the rest are substs they aren't real

again though it was fine till yesterday, the x-fi is not being used at the moment, though i can update i guess.
  12. DeathByDenim

The x-fi was just a warning that dxdiag flagged. But yeah, it seems unlikely to cause crashes, but who knows.

Did unplugging the USB speakers do anything?

Could you also try starting PA with the --nomods flag to prevent it from even seeing mod remains in the first place?
  13. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

well i haven't gotten it to crash aside from that replay, and in game there, so i do not know the issue, if i get a replication from another source, i'll be sure to post info