Planetary Annihilation crashes whenever I get in lobby

Discussion in 'Support!' started by notchyohero, January 31, 2015.

1. notchyohero

notchyohero New Member

PA crashes whenever I get in a lobby weather it is a vs AI or multiplier... I use steam to launch the game, and in lobby I get the blue loading sign and if i click PA closes and then i get an error msg that says "pa.exe has stopped working" Here's my DxDiag...

Attached Files:

2. MadGreyOne

MadGreyOne Member

On steam, check the file integrity to make sure your files are updated to the latest build.

Edit: and disable any mods like the other guy mentioned.
    Last edited: January 31, 2015
  3. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

Do you know you have 8Gb of Ram but are running 32-bit Windows andere thus can only use 3,5Gb of it.

This also means that any single application can only use 2Gb which is not enough to play PA on a system bigger than a single radius 500 planet.

Also you should look for an update for your video drivers they are over a month old and there most likely is a more recent version

If I were you I would reinstall a new 64-bit windows built first because that will enable you to use all your ram
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

On 32 bit windows there is a way of removing the 2gb per app limit effectively increasing memory to the full 3.5 gb. That would probably help, @ssx can give more details I think.

Ideally you should switch to a 64bit os though. If you dont have the cash for a new copy of windows, maybe try ubuntu (a free linux based os, all it'd cost you is some time and a chunk of free hdd space, and it will sit beside windows, giving you a choice which to load on start up).