Come back Neutrino!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, January 26, 2015.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I have no intention to be rude, the opposite is true. The point of the thread is to show how much we miss seeing @neutrino posting around, and how much we'd love for him to give us another chance. :D
  2. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

agreed quishy (even tho i did nothing to him :p)
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

another chance for what exactly?
    getting more info on what uber is doing in general?
    seriously i am of the opinion to just let them do what they need to do without butting in ... makes upcoming stuff more of a suprice if it turns out to be something epic ...

for everything pa we have @sorian @tvinita @jorgenpt and @jables (have i missed someone?) already .. are you not satisfied?
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. shotforce13

shotforce13 Well-Known Member

Yes please come back.
  5. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

NEUTRINO WE MISS YOU!!!

( i wonder if this is clear enough )
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  6. arm2thecore

arm2thecore Active Member

It's probably just a time thing, as he hasn't posted on Mavor's Rants since Oct. 2013.

Maybe Sorian's AI ate him for lunch?
  7. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Gasp! @jables is really the AI! it's why him and @sorian are the only ones we really see, everyone else is enslaved already...

<-- gets tinfoil
    christer1966 and Corang like this.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

You misunderstand, I just enjoyed hearing @neutrinos ideas and thoughts on the game, it posed interesting discussion. I'm not saying there isn't enough communication, I'm saying I miss discussing things with him. I mean the megabot thread, the commander abilities thread, etc... There are no super speculatory "what do you guys think?" Threads anymore by him, and I miss it, as he had some pretty interesting ideas, not to mention all the techy stuff and such we all love hearing about.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I must admit I think the communication of late has been excellent.
  10. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

I just read through the last 20 messages from neutrino, since this was before I joined the forum, and now I feel really depressed.
    devoh, squishypon3 and cptconundrum like this.
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Neutrino's actually in quite a difficult position as far as discussing PA is concerned, when you think about it.

This was his baby, his vision, his project. He was the one who oversaw the development of the game from a basic planet generator that he wrote himself on his laptop into a fully fledged RTS game.

He did so in front of a huge audience too - the development of PA has been far more open than that of any other game I can recall. This is as a direct result of the funding model; Uber wanted Kickstarter backers involved right the way through.

When I first met him at PAX East in Boston in April last year, the first words he said to people as they approached the booth and told him they were backers were "Congratulations, this is your game." I think that speaks volumes for the levels of compromise he has made on his own vision along the way to try to make PA into the best game it could possibly be.

Personally, the thing I'm most looking forward to right now is the release of the documentary. I've followed these forums for a few years now, and I like to think that I have a very good grasp of PA's history from our side, but I think this thread is a great example of the fact that we're all dying to know Uber's take on the experience of developing so openly in front of such a passionate community.
    Last edited: January 27, 2015
  12. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

the AI has possessed him
  13. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I really appreciate what Neutrino and the rest of the crew did with the game and I support them fully. I would love to hear more from all of them.

@cwarner7264 , amen brother, amen.
  14. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

#bringbackneutrino2015
  15. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

For a long time, I thought he was fired...
  16. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

@varrak is also dead on the forums since that memory improvement work months ago ;)
    I'd also like to see some technical stuff coming from him!! Or was he fired during the lay-offs?
    devoh likes this.
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Nope, he's still about!
    bellum45 and Remy561 like this.
  18. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Indeed. I'm realising this is why I'm such a pain in the ***. Just a lot of things went very differently from I expected and I don't quite like them that way. Here's to hoping modding support will one day be everything we want it to be.

EDIT: I also support this @neutrino movement.
    Last edited: January 28, 2015
    stuart98 and squishypon3 like this.
  19. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

I really enjoyed the live steams. I really enjoyed someone sitting there are saying "I would really want it to be like this" and me thinking "Yeah, that would be ******* awesome".

It's sad that some people can't take the responsibility of being let in on inside info. It's sad that Mavor can't realise that these people do not matter. It's even sadder that I don't get to see a bunch of geeks from an awkward angle sit uncomfortably on a couch in ill fitting tshirts with more nervous mannerisms than Michael J Fox betting his house on a single hand in a Texas Hold'em showdown.

BRING BACK THE GEEKS. GIVE THEM THEIR VOICE. MAKE IT SO.
  20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

along with @scathis and @ooo27
    he's a foundingmember of uber no way he would be fired ...
    Last edited: January 28, 2015