B8factor and Gameg1rl Commentated Replays

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by b8factor, January 7, 2015.

1. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Based on some feedback, I have produced a new FFA world that seems to run 8 players on a 900 diameter map with sooo far no to low lag. I am excited to try it out further during a busy weekend, so look to see you all on soon!

Planetary Annihilation #9 You don't know what you don't know!
  2. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Planetary Annihilation #10 The Cicada and the Warlord Replay Commentated

Commander:
    @fuckingponysman
    @darkdragon58945
    @kylik
    @wb494
    @fflamingtaco
    @beebopjams
    @b8factor
    @gameg1rl
    Last edited: January 21, 2015
    knoppiks, theiban and gameg1rl like this.
  3. laurentgdh

laurentgdh New Member

Great video, I like the format of pausing and analyzing every player, looking at stuff from your point of view, etc. Keep them coming!
    In the video, you said that to group planes together you could control click somewhere? I usually do it by assisting a plane and then only controlling that plane (but the formation goes away whenever that one plane is killed, unfortunately).
    gameg1rl and b8factor like this.
  4. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Hey @b8factor I notice that you have a new mic? Sound way better then before :) .

Your wife really scares me lately with her aggressive expansion and she always puts me in a tricky position. You can see that in these video's also. The problem is that I want to expand to more mex and most of the time I'll see your wife picking off my fabricators :(. Could you tell her not to do that. I don't want to poke her to much sometimes since I'm almost ALWAYS in battle with you hahaa (which weakens me a lot).

Also it actually amazed me that your wife was able to snipe pony'sman with all that flak. Actually learned something from that. Also seeing her playstyle I think it would be more fitting for her to go t2 air early on ( between 5 and 10 min) in a lake. That could increase here production amazingly. Since she already has a nice airforce by then her t2 air fabbers would be kinda unsnipeable and thus her expansion also.

My other tip for you would be trying to flank the enemy's with doxes. I think you would have done more damage around 3:44 if you took the dox out of your tank army and went around that base and flank ponysman from the back. He needs to split up his forces and while you are walking by with those doxes you get more valueable intel about this base and army. Its really interesting to see how players react when you got a dox army from one side coming in and tanks from a different side. Also players tend to forget doxes are amphibious so most of the time you can even surprise em from the water. I really enjoyed that last youtube video. That was a good game. Video 9 was I think not so exciting since you had so much more eco. The only threat was a snipe.

I do think these smaller FFA's are better indeed. They eventually don't drag along but are actually finishable. Though the spawns could do some work here and there ( but I've already told you that ingame)

Thanks for the vids!
    b8factor and gameg1rl like this.
  5. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

So Jenifer and I have been having such a blast with PA we wanted to give back a little fun to some of the people that have given to us!

To the usual suspects!
    @corgiarmy (we LOVE you man) @Bob620 @blurr @Alpha2546 @legolas2fast @Poniesman @thedenial @twodogsshagging @theiban @marlinmon07 @funglue @elodea @ubermac85 @smithforce4305 @popfish @dertu @O_U @Vynon @shubi14 @shizumu @mikhero6 @mikeyh @bugwhite19 @elvisior @keejchen @Duffle @LmalukoBR

To some occasional Frenemies who we love to war with!
    @tommybananas @KillerKiwiJuice @battlebearx @Prime. @baylissau @PAG_KISEL @masterofroflness @cokedealingpanda

To the casters we enjoy watching!
    @masterofroflness @posidian @ZaphodX For entertaining the crap out of us with your YOU-TUBE channels!

To People that help us via forums!
    @cola_colin (WE LOVE PA STATS) @DeathByDenim

And to Sorian, whom we enjoyed following waaaay back in the SubCom days because Jenifer and I love to Comp Stomp and are delighted he is still doing so today (though we wish you would update your BLOG more often)!
    @sorian

This is what happens when amateurs get a hold of a subscription to ADOBE Premier Pro. It ain't perfect but we hope to make you laugh! Thanks so much for making our Planetary Annihilation experience SO MUCH FUN!

-B8factor and Gameg1rl

Postscript UBER CANNON UBER CANNON UBER CANNON!

Planetary Annihilation #11 - The FFA: When Teaming is A-OK -Replay Commentated

Commanders:
    @corgiarmy
    @fuckingponysman
    @legolas2fast
    @darkdragon58945
    @davidwmiller
    @captainjustin
    @b8factor
    @gameg1rl
    knoppiks, theiban, Corgiarmy and 6 others like this.
  6. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

I did not get a new MIC, just played with the settings of my ASTRO a40. Jenifer and I have one hell of a time getting sound to work with our recordings. She is on her PC with MUMBLE and i am trying to record game sounds, my voice via ASTRO mixamp, and her coming across from MUMBLE. We have had to redo videos before because either she or I was missing!

We adjusted the starting spawns, see how they work out now!

B8
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  7. smithforce4305

smithforce4305 Active Member

I truly love playing with you guys its always fun losing to your amazing love each other strategy that even my skills can not beat. I hope to have more games that are as entertaining as we have had in the past.
    gameg1rl, Alpha2546 and b8factor like this.
  8. knoppiks

knoppiks New Member

Hey b8factor.

I really enjoy watching your videos, i really like how you stop at certain points (sometimes remembered by gamegirl to do so (thanks for that)) to explain what your intention was or what the other players are doing. For me as a new player on PA (just bought it 2 weeks ago) this is really helpful and entertaining. I find myself comparing the game to the 'predecessor' a lot, while i never played TA online.

I also like your classification of other players, but wasn't able to understand all of them. Although i picked up that the warlord picks one player and the turtle ... ehm ... well that's self-explanatory, i would find it very useful to have a list of your player-types, so that when i hear the type i know exactly what you mean.

Is there a rule, that turtle-players and those who build bomb-bots for rushes from the start don't win ...? Which of your player-classes is even able to win at the end?

Thanks in advance and for the vids
    knoppiks
    gameg1rl, Corgiarmy and b8factor like this.
  9. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

10. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Why you casting only FFA games and always on same planet? You are nice people, but stop review this planet lol))
  11. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

We play a new system 5-20 times and then move on to another one. We want to give every starting position a chance from the viewer's perspective.

FFA is just our preferred style of play right now. We may venture out some other time. Thanks for the post!
  12. Corgiarmy

Corgiarmy Active Member

I think, I understand most of the different classifications. I have probably been most of them too because players change as they gain more experience and knowledge.

Warlord - is someone who attacks relentlessly without consideration of consequences. They typically attack the first person they see, but they all can attack multiple players at a time. I think pony is a good example of this except he is very good, where warlords tend to be average to weak players. They tend to lose.

Turtle - is someone who .. umm turtles? They are normally new players, who don't want to awaken giants or give away their location. They can survive awhile but almost never win.

Jackal - someone who is aggressive only when the opportunity of advancement arises. They target players who have just been attacked or steal bases from victors. I think of them as the next progression of warlords in the player development scale. They are normally weak end game players.

Cicada- are typically turtles who build lots of units but are weak because they don't expand. There are a few that are excellent at killing commanders thus are very dangerous (I am looking at you gamegirl). They can be tough end game players, ideally you want to attack them first. This is the next progression for turtle players.

The engineer - is someone who knows the game well, have preset builds, and generally go t2 early. Typically they are weak at micro and in end game situations unless you let them expand like crazy.

Raider - kind of a warlord and jackal combined, generally uses dox and goes t2 for slammers and gil-e. They raid a lot but not normally too scary. Great early game but weak end game.

General - is someone who understands the game and see strategies at multiple levels. Example is Alpha and B8. They are typically good players.

The problem I have with this system of classification is most players should have primary and secondary label. Example I am an engineer - 1st and a jackal 2nd. I would classify pony a warlord -1st and a engineer 2nd. I would classify B8 a General - 1st but because he is aggressive he can be a warlord 2nd.

I don't mean to offend any players please don't kill me B8, pony, Alpha, or gamegirl!

Let me know if you guys disagree or have something to add
    Corgi

Edit: General and Strategist are the same to me.
    knoppiks likes this.
  13. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Gameg1rl and I have been working on something for this (actuary for a while now when we are not playing) and will post when we are done... COMING SOON!

-B8factor

PS @knoppiks
    knoppiks and Alpha2546 like this.
  14. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I don't mind these classifications at all. I think its professional and structured thinking which makes you able to win games. Though I don't categorize player this detailed. I'll just scout my surroundings and put a sort of threat level on it based on what they have and are building (though players I know better get the special treatment ofcourse).

Btw isn't the general the strategist? I'm curious how you've worked these out. The explanation of @corgiarmy already makes some sense ( especially with following up to other classifications).

BTW that last video definately was ( I think) not a tough nut to crack :p (hint to that last game @b8factor) . Gamegirl was able to snipe him out easy :p. Though I do admit the micro on those bombers is really really! solid and better then what I can do at the moment. Hope to reach that level sometime. I also noticed the t2 air expansion which gave her a way better eco compared to the other players. I remember in the beginning that gamegirl just waited till the end game and then sniped the last two remaining players. Now you're scouting and just waiting for the oppertunity (cheeky play :p and thats why I never let you scout me easily with those patrolling radars.).

A tip with the nukes btw. I think that when you go nukes that you have to go all in or not. Scout the base see how many nukes you need to build to penetrate the anti nukes and fire them all at once. Anti nukes are soo cheap so as soon as you'll fire a nuke you give away intel that your going nukes which makes me thinking to build more anti nukes (which is wayyy cheaper then building nukes). The same goes for when someones tries to snipe the anti nukes.

I've never seen you panicking in a game before I think b8 :p . I'd say you missed some gil-e to snipe those rockets down (all hail at the power of the GIL-E). I think that spawn of yours is the hardest on that map btw. You're forced to build naval (or attack the player on the other side of the lake) which makes you not able to choose your opponement. Thats why I like the new map more. You're able to choose your enemy again.

Cool stuff on the edited video btw! Can't wait what you'll do in the future with it. Sorry for not saying much more about that video. Might do that in the future ( probably not but who knows right).

Again thanks for sharing these games! I still learn stuff from it.
    knoppiks and gameg1rl like this.
  15. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Planetary Annihilation #13 "Artillery: Explosive Ordinance" Commentated Replay
    We are always experimenting with new ways to utilize the weapons of WAR. In this video you wills see how to implement Artillery (short or long range) for defense, offense, or to take out a commander without risking you troops!

Commanders:
    @fuckingponysman
    @mrman123917
    @garfunkeulations
    @lordparteeey1
    @captainlolbroek
    @dypsias
    @b8factor
    @gameg1rl
  16. b8factor

b8factor Active Member

Hi,
    Here ya go!
    Please follow the link and if you like what you see, please *like* us on that post so we have a better chance to win the PA Video Contest.
    -B8factor and Gameg1rl

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pa-video-contest-1-19-15-1-25-15.67393/page-3

@Alpha2546
    @corgiarmy
    knoppiks, Corgiarmy and gameg1rl like this.
  17. elvisior

elvisior Member

You need a video with me in it.. while singing a hunk a hunk of burning love.. I wish they'd make me an elvis commander...
  18. gameg1rl

gameg1rl Member

Planetary Annihilation #14 "Not a Bomber in Sight!" Commentated Replay
    New build order to try... all land attacks for one... and "someone" didn't make a single bomber!

@gameg1rl
    @b8factor
    @corgiarmy
    @twodogsshagging
    @optimusprime
    @blubbercakes
    @mrtibbles
    @RedsTallboy
    Last edited: January 28, 2015
  19. jables

jables Uber Employee

Some really great videos! :D