General discussion on Pay to play

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nosebreaker, January 17, 2015.

1. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

sarcasm doesn't transfer well over text. not sure if some of these replies are serious or not
  2. termathor

termathor New Member

Well, what did I miss ? I thought pay to play was already dead ? It is almost, even with the best selling MMO, WOW (w w w.cinemablend.com/games/World-Warcraft-Might-Go-Free-Play-Blizzard-Says-58509.html), so why consider it for PA ? I mean, today, PTP is only viable with a huge addicted player base, like WOW (which is even starting to fade away). I don't see PA doing this ...

As for Pay to Win (World of Thanks like), I think everyone will agree it's so perferse and hated it's best not be considered.

No, really, one-off price tag is OK for PA. Anything else would put 98% of the player base off.
  3. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Just thought I would point out a few well known games that are Buy-To-Play that don't have any sort of micro transactions that are considered well done.

League of Mobas - You can only buy the skins or the champs but can earn the champs
    SC2 - You do have to buy the expansions if you want to.
    Terraria
    FTL
    TItanfall

Games can stand away from the micro transactions just uber needs to stay strong :3
  4. darkagentx

darkagentx Member

Where can we go to buy gold metal online? I'm sure that can really up our game. I mean help me out here, it's not like I can get it from my favourite video game snacks

There was going to be a free to play C&C generals game, I wonder how far they would've gone with that.
  5. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I just don't; even.....
    Last edited: January 18, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  6. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Can we sack Jon Mavor and employ The Nosebreaker as project lead please?
    dom314, slocke and stuart98 like this.
  7. lokiCML

Blasphemy.
    squishypon3, ace902902 and stuart98 like this.
  8. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

Guys settle down.... your just throwing passion..... no reasons why not too.
    Micro payments for unit upgrades
    example
    $25 : my dox are twice rate of fire twice damage and 1/4 faster .
    $25 : my tanks are just under twice the rate of fire and just under twice the damage{ tanks not needing as big a boost as they are op}
    $25 : Fighters missiles also able to target ground units.............
    as an example of some.

The Nosebreaker does not mean to say those have to be the ones they are throw away examples He would like to see.

Micro payments are definately a viable step forward . if you dont want to pay 15 dollars a month......
    The Nosebreaker would love to see this game get deeper and larger but how do they do it with limited staff.
    Only couple of you guys have said your not happy that leaves soooooooo many who donot mind.

If you think about it you would understand how it wouldnt even affect the ladder

The Nosebraker likes this message
  9. lokiCML

Dude What?
    sierra159, squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  10. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Nah Nosebreaker you’ve got it all wrong.

What PA absolutely needs to survive is a system to allow for new inexperienced players to have a chance against the PA community top tier players.

I’m afraid that the fact that PA has so many pro players will be off-putting to players who are just being introduced to the community.

In order to remedy this tremendous PA issue and save PA from an early downfall we must look to other games for inspiration.

PA simply requires a system where new players who are below platinum rank are given the ability to purchase a gold fabricator with the utilisation of an ingame currency. This currency could be acquired through the completion of various goals/achievements or should they lack the patience to do so they could provide a donation to the devs in order to sooner acquire this currency.

With this gold fabber players could spend the ingame currency to build various gold tier factories which have a 2x build speed over the default factories. In order to keep this fair a bit of ingame currency would be required to produce any units from the gold tier factories as well. This could also be linked directly to your credit card so that no further effort would be required should you be in a situation where you have run out of said currency.

Overall this would be beneficial to everyone as Pros won’t stomp new players (which results in a more fun game for both parties) and new players won’t feel left in the dust due to being constantly beaten.

This is something that PA absolutely requires and the devs should seriously consider implementing this system to improve the longevity of PA.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

@lokiCML I think all they want is for you to post more images
    squishypon3 and stuart98 like this.
  12. lokiCML

Not sure if sarcasm or not?
    stuart98 and squishypon3 like this.
  13. darkagentx

darkagentx Member

Isn't it obvious? Without buying some skill first no amount of metal will help.
    Last edited by a moderator: January 18, 2015
  14. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

It was going to be pay to win. Even the alpha was p2w BS. I think you had to pay just to unlock tanks. I didn't delve into it too much, stopped when I realized how BS it was. There's a reason it got canned.
  15. lokiCML

SuperMNC... Uber... F2P...?
    stuart98 likes this.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Removed a whole bunch of off-topic posts and images.
    Please keep the image responses to a reasonable amount, and not the entire thread.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  17. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

b-but staying on topic is boring
    tatsujb likes this.
  18. lokiCML

19. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

Why do you refer to yourself in the third person
    ic3d3emon and Quantum64 like this.
  20. Quantum64

Quantum64 New Member

Watch out!

He's probably the PlayFab account incarnation of Saten from hell trying to ruin this exceptionally good game. He refers to himself in the third person because he is obviously possessing an innocent person to do his bidding, and he is speaking through said person. Watch out, because contradicting The Nose Breaker might just get your nose broken... while you're sleeping... and unsuspecting...
    sierra159, slocke, ic3d3emon and 6 others like this.