General discussion on Pay to play

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by nosebreaker, January 17, 2015.

1. nosebreaker

nosebreaker Post Master General

A dangerous subject...... The Nosebreaker would like to discuss. Pay to play
    The Nosebreaker thinks this could add significantly to Ubers cash flow.
    Plenty of game run succsessful formats supporting Pay to Play......
    Why should Uber not be able to Maximise Profits by pay to play..
    Sure some players would Sulk others would rejoice.
    Pay to play would enable much much more support and many many patches and more dlcs
    Some Ideas for pay to play
    $1 for each extra T1 unit accessible
    $2 for each extra T2 unit accesible
    $15 for alternative/supplementary Factory line with its own bot/tanks
    $25 for T2 commander upgrades .... increased build power, increased health, life regen, attack range, increased range.
    $1 instant nukes {gold rounds}
    $1 instant anti nukes.
    $20 Double commander size
    The Nosebreaker thinks pay to play is a brilliant idea
    Uber Think of the Cash increase.... you can not discount the game anyfurther then 80% This is your final option....................... Go for it Pay to Play
    More Units......... Tank Nerf........ Make it good......

Nosebreaker approves of This thread
  2. thefluffybunny

thefluffybunny Active Member

I did pay to play.
    I bought the game.
    This would ruin the game for many.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Any pay to play elements would have to be new additions outside the scope of the development plan for pa. You can't take away from players what they have been promised and already paid for.

As a way of funding a significant expansion however? Could work...
    sigmud2 likes this.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

How about a pay to play expansion pack
    snierke, c4ptainpronin and sigmud2 like this.
  5. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

6. nosebreaker

Sorry everything can change That is life.............
    What was promised may not be Sustainable..... The Nosebreaker would rather see longevity in the game than a good year or two before bankruptcy.
    Uber go for it you may loss one or two players but you will make a fortune!

The Nosbreaker likes this message
  7. nosebreaker

Cult does not suck Please refrain from directly attacking clans.... very unsportsmanlike.....
  8. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

free to play rts...
    [​IMG]
  9. nosebreaker

I buy a lot of Commander skins, I dont know how I would feel with purchasing Commander upgrades
    That my opponents couldnt access unless they too payed to play.....would be a little unfair on ladder...
    What about poor people@poor people....
    Loved the Idea about the Commander size increase that could also indicate to your opponent haveing paid to play...
    Sometimes somthing short and sweet is better than something you have for ever....How long do you keep your socks before you buy a new pair....eventually you move on to new socks no matter how comfortable they may be.....
    I never intended to play pa for the rest of my life!
  10. nosebreaker

F--- off...............You know how long The Nosebreaker keeps his socks for...

The Nosebreaker approves this post
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

So the people who don't pay lose to those that do, because they have more types of units (or even additional instant nukes (!!!) & anti nukes (!!!) ) at their disposal? Can't say I like this idea :(

Any pay-for elements need to either have no gameplay impact (cosmetic), be equally game-changing for all players (either things like maps, which all players in the game play on, or otherwise the pay-for elements are automatically available to all players in that game, similar to how DOTA2 does shared content), or be completely separated from others (eg., expansion packs).

The last option splits up the community though. The second option has potential, but it's probably exploitable given the open modding nature. The first option is already available.
    sycspysycspy, warrenkc and FSN1977 like this.
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

[​IMG]
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Maybe "pay to lose" might be a thing.
    "Pay 1$ now to lose that tank". :D
    ic3d3emon, reptarking and stuart98 like this.
  14. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Good comedy. Still won´t like your post, simply cause somebody could misinterpret it... :D
    cptconundrum likes this.
  15. nosebreaker

Guys Guys lets Not be selfish.....
    Uber needs your support... instead of buying that can of coke or pack of crisps,,,,,,, pay to play.....
    So you would all rather very selfishly rather see the game disappear in a years time and every one at uber to loss their jobs. because you dont want to hand over some more micro cash....
    The Nosebreaker would pay for a commander to do double resource and double range of attack.......... $50 dollars would be fine
    The Nosebreaker pumped hundreds into buying d3 gold and buying pay to win gear from the ah on hc....lost a lot of it too... no regrets chineese farmers are welcome to the dime since they put in the time The Nosebreaker won the game!
    The Money brought The Nosebreaker fun... why should The Nosebreaker be penalised because the rest of you guys are poor or dont want to spend your cash........ You can not take it to the grave ............

The Nosebreaker likes this post
  16. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Yes you can! People have been doing that for thousands of years!

[​IMG]
  17. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

pay to win is a no-go and would only shorten the lifespan of this game. Uber will only make a lot more cash for a couple of months the most after that people get tired of the pay to win BS and the game will die.

If Uber went for a F2P model they could monetize it with propply prized cosmetics (not SMNC expensive) but more along the lines of commanders now (5 euro/dollar whatevs.) And expantionpacks are also a really good thing for revenue that will really lengthen the lifespan of PA.

As for "pay to play" thus in other words Monthly subsription. PA will lose a lot and I mean a LOT of players because many people think the game is not worth 5/10 dollar a month and I agree with them.
    ic3d3emon likes this.
  18. Matster

Matster Active Member

Pay to play is always a bad idea and just creates a caste of players that can afford every unit, tech, etc. and then dominate the game effectively killing it for most people who just wan't to play the game without extreme investments. An expansion pack on the other hand is something I would support if it would add more units, factions and annihilation options to the game and off course experimentals and shields as an on/off option for skirmish.
    Last edited: January 17, 2015
    theseeker2 likes this.
  19. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

******* gold
  20. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

If for some very difficult to understand reason Uber went pay to play, the game would die and players like myself would walk away and never return.

/thread
    ic3d3emon, Matster and theseeker2 like this.
  21. sierra159

sierra159 Member

God. For the love of God please, no f*****g pay to play. I payed money for the early access, I expect to get what I payed for. Also, screw microtransactions that effect the player experience in anyway beyond cosmetics. You should be ashamed of even suggesting this! :mad:
    raphamart, ic3d3emon, sigmud2 and 5 others like this.