Build 77337-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 15, 2015.

1. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Need to actually see that occur to diagnose it. At the moment, I haven't seen the AI not building mexes when it owns the planet. Maybe you can provide more detail?
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

You can safely make air fabbers more efficient now. They're still very much a noob trap but now their mobility benefit is gone if we can just send fabbers in pelicans. Air fabs are easier to kill but cheaper than bot fab+pelican, so it is probably ok to make them a little more efficient.
  3. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Errrr... wont this make the runaway eco in T2 even more silly?

gg orbital gameplay.
    Last edited: January 16, 2015
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

- jig explosion damage and radius reduced
    - basic comfabs can build walls
    - umbrella cost reduced by 400
    - orbital fab can't reclaim anything, even orbit-orbit.
    - premade systems moved from load_planet to own file. I think it was around 80% of the diff. ;^)
    - major overhaul of game lobby (new_game) system selection - drop-down of some premade systems
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

In 5 weeks since I last played (holiday abroad), I think this is the fourth PTE build? And everything screams of dramatic improvements.

@jables - please pass on the message: Uber are Awesome, We Love You Long Time
    iron71, cdrkf, Remy561 and 1 other person like this.
  6. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

No, because T2 fabbers remain as efficient and the structures retain the same costs. T1 fabbers however are cheaper, and power is also cheaper, which should see either T2 appears sooner, or greater T1 expansion early on.
  7. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

But like... T2 power gens already payed themselves off in a ridiculously short time, and now they're magnitudes cheaper than even that. It looks like once you reach T2, power just kinda becomes irrelevant, because you're drowning in it.

I hope it turns out how you theorise though.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

t2 power is not cheaper. It has less health. Maybe you missread? They dropped the health. Not the metal costs. ;)
    elodea and stuart98 like this.
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It was health, not cost m8
    pieman2906 and stuart98 like this.
  10. lafncow

lafncow Active Member

While they are tinkering with T2 power...I wish they exploded with a mini-nuke style explosion. That would counter-balance their new fragility.
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. jamiem

jamiem Active Member

The naval targeting orbital is awesome. Looks so cool seeing those missiles flying straight up. Took forever to kill an orbital factory though.
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Initial impression:

Combat fabbers are super powerful. (YES YES YES)
    Pelicans are useful, but they have limitations and counters. The primary counter is to build a lot of air, and the secondary is to dox spam and chase down the expanding engineers before they get up any serious defenses.

You don't really feel the energy changes until about five minutes into the game, at which time you say WAIT A SECOND. I have spare energy! Let's build lots of fabbers to expand with! I like this. The folks I played with liked it. It's fun. :D

I haven't delved too much into the orbital side of things, but since these same changes were introduced into the orbital balance mod a while ago.....good decision.

Reservations:

The Commander really needs his energy and metal regen nerfed, and his storage adjusted to compensate. I'm thinking 1800 metal and 40k energy or so. That way, we eliminate the constant rush that is a 1v1. Inject some thought into it, along with more fabricators.

If we can get the commander economy fixed....that would be amazing. :D
    cdrkf, Remy561 and emraldis like this.
  13. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Wow reading those notes set my brain on fire. So many new combinations of things to try!

Typical it's the week before I have 3 exams really.
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Well this'll probably make me lose a lot.

More... : (
    Diaboy and cola_colin like this.
  15. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Please, base_missile_turret.json:

"target_priorities":[
    ||"Air & Bomber",
    ||"Air & Gunship",

||"Air & Transport",
    ||"Air & Mobile"
    ]

And then after this I don't think the Pelican needs the HP reduction.

I disagree with the Dox change because I think the Dox / Ant balance was really good already.
    Okay that's not entirely true, I like being able to see what's killing my Dox, but they will be a teeny tiny bit OP compared to the tanks. The energy plant HP reduction also helps to make Dox OP (probably, need more testing), because I can kill more stuff with them in an enemy base instead of just the metal extractors.

I don't think the Grenadier change was enough of a buff. I would like to see it have more HP.
    Last edited: January 16, 2015
    elodea, Quitch, cwarner7264 and 6 others like this.
  16. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

This isn't new to this PTE, but CSGs should be wiped out by a planet smash.

Seeing burning trees in a water filled crater is a bit... odd

As for balance, I still feel the combat fabbers range is too small, they tend to get put in the back of the army, far away from the infernos/vanguards who best benefit from them.
  17. allister

allister Active Member

I'm digging the drop down box system selector but I'm going to miss the "generate new system" button. I've clicked on that button more than any other button in the game.
    Quitch and vasonsenmic like this.
  18. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

WOW,WOW!

I should change all my tactics after this update=)
  19. wondible

wondible Post Master General

BTW trees, rocks, etc. are called features in the planet files. I (at least) only use CSG to refer to 'brushes' the permanent terrain alternations like mountains, plateaus, and cracks.
    cola_colin likes this.
  20. duncane

duncane Active Member

I really like this idea. It makes focusing on attack them more of a tactical choice.