Reporting System needed!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by smithforce4305, January 13, 2015.

1. smithforce4305

smithforce4305 Active Member

Those are good points but it doesn't solve the problem. I'm not saying ban them from the game forever but a timed ban maybe 10 minutes to 1 hour maybe, its not up to me but maybe a timed ban should show them what happens when they insult a player who has done nothing to get this treatment. In real life if someone did this to you would you keep walking on and feel guilty that you didn't do something else, or would you rather punish him not through threats but a kind of punishment that will give them the time away from the game so that they can feel pain from their actions.
  2. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

People being ***** online is a worldwide problem. Nobody is going to quit the game because somebody was a **** to them.
  3. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Do you have any citations to add some proof to that claim?
    stuart98, squishypon3 and Nicb1 like this.
  4. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

5. sechastain

sechastain Member

That video you linked actually has proof that people do quit playing / quit paying. Both things can't be true. And I'm going to believe the guys with the broader audience and observable community base.
    smithforce4305 likes this.
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

at they very most, a chat mute
  7. jamiem

jamiem Active Member

What seems to be the consensus of people posting in this thread is that there's a problem with abuse and harrassment in PA.

This is simply not the case.

Firstly, from personal experience of many hundreds of hours of playing PA solely in multiplayer public matches, this happens incredibly rarely.

Second, there's no voice chat and it's very easy to ignore the chat text if someone is being a knob. Mostly it's just amusing to see someone rage.

This is not a persistent environment like a forum or social network so ongoing harrasment of an individual - aka bullying - is not possible in the same way. You cannot harass strangers you aren't in a game with.

I do see some smack talk, mostly in the videocaster's channels (not to call anyone out), but if anything this adds to the game. Or perhaps terms like pwned need to be banned, since the connotations of ownership and slavery are highly offensive to some.

I know it chaffs when someone goes the wrong way in a circle-jerk, but this over-emotional mob mentality should be challenged.
  8. theseeker2

neither of them linked a video
  9. theseeker2

and they'd be wrong
  10. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

I think there is a difference from a little good natured smack talk verses the OP's example of inappropriate behavior. I'm glad to hear that many people have played 100's of hours of PA and not had issues, that's great. That said.. There is no good reason to be offensive nor allow offensive behavior. I do not buy the argument either that if people buy the game they can't be banned. To me that is like saying "Well I bought this gun and bullets. I should be able to do whatever I want with it." I would agree that there shouldn't be knee-jerk responses with lifetime banning, but on the other hand just saying basically "suck it up" and "deal with it" is wrong.
  11. jamiem

jamiem Active Member

What offends people is entirely subjective. I get offended by people promoting censorship.
    The difference is I don't go crying to mommy insisting that the perpetrators be punished.
  12. potatomcmuffin

potatomcmuffin New Member

The game needs a ban system for people who leave games. Had allies leave multiple games just because the match wasn't going in their favor at the time which leaves me alone to fight a whole enemy team. Doesn't need to be permanent but just leaving your ally in a game that can easily be won by fumbles and snipes is unacceptable.
  13. sechastain

sechastain Member

ORLY?!

14. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

There should be a system like that for any kind of competitive play but not casual play like custom games.

If someone's playing PA in a fire station and get a call about a fire, they are allowed to leave [​IMG]
  15. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It's funny because reading this discussion I can almost see what their general political party is, huehue.
    websterx01, smithforce4305 and devoh like this.
  16. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Censorship? umm.. ok.. everyone is entitled to their opinion.
  17. smithforce4305

1. It still happens, which means it's still a problem in the community which does not mean PA is a very great place if this still happens.
    2. If a new player see's this then they're thoughts of PA are changed forever.
    3. If a person who is reviewing the game see's a person talk like this and realises there is no way for that player to be reported or punished lands PA in bad reviews.
    I'm not just saying its a huge problem because people feelings are going to be hurt I'm saying PA is going to look bad giving all the players on it a bad reputation.
    cptconundrum, cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  18. smithforce4305

Your just one person. I know I sound like a mommy's boy for asking for something to make life better and I would rather have a place without a ban or censorship that meant all players are at least nice and honourable when playing the game. But at least I have the balls to do something about this problem.
    drboggles, cdrkf and Nicb1 like this.
  19. smithforce4305

I'm not saying censorship I prefer non censorship
  20. smithforce4305

Not being the Tony Abbot of this