1. m1dnightmoose

m1dnightmoose Active Member

So i follow Nerdcubed on twitter and i was flicking through and saw some comments about the game. This guy has 164k followers of mainly gamers who may end up purchasing the game, and he talked about how the game is unfinished, buggy and not playable. AI bugs that i thought were fixed were there and the infamous static bug made an appearance too.[​IMG]

There was a complaint about the fact that the game was unfinished, there complaints about depth in galactic war, which i think we all agree with. The point is this was terrible press to an audience that could have enjoyed the game significantly but were offput by the bugginess and lack of depth of the game. Although the game has come a long way, i have to agree with him, it should still be in early access in its current state. As for the bugs i know i don't appear to have nearly as many as he experienced, but it happened and i've had my fair share too. Just thought id show you the kind of press the games getting from someone who was looking forward to playing it.

For those interested here they are

https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/554920718576910336?lang=en-gb
    https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/554921483773165568?lang=en-gb
    https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/554921575288668160?lang=en-gb
    https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/554921646252097536?lang=en-gb
    https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/554922841142214656?lang=en-gb
    https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/554923227508899840?lang=en-gb
    https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/554924380078501888?lang=en-gb

<3
    Last edited: January 13, 2015
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

He was really hyped for it too, of course the people with most coverage have the worst bugs...
    bengeocth and Bsport like this.
  3. m1dnightmoose

Yeah, that's unfortunately how it goes down. I feel the game could have been a huge hit, if completed to the standard that was expected at launch. I wouldn't be complaining if the game was still in early access tbh.

<3
    Twinstar likes this.
  4. timp13

timp13 Member

What version/build is he playing? Never seen half the bugs hes mentioned
  5. m1dnightmoose

I couldn't tell you, but the bugs are definitely there, the static one is well documented, the AI doing nothing was supposedly fixed a while back. And the others I can see happening. Ive had every one except the static one myself.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Watch it be graphics drivers, haha. ;)
    Remy561 and mered4 like this.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

wait that bug is more than a random artifact in the forums? I never saw that ever in real life. Only in screenshots.
    Somebody tell that man to update his drivers. And maybe play vs humans. He seems to be one of those single player people. I can understand they don't like GW.
    Having the AI bug out in the first few games he plays is unfortunate. The few games I played vs the AI it worked. Apart from one game I think. But usually it did stuff.
    xankar likes this.
  8. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

unplayable .... hyperbole, bugs are really subjective, i haven't experience any crashes or anything like what he's talking about. But galactic war fair enough.
    corteks likes this.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It has happened to me and I have no idea how to get it to happen.

And every single time I've played versus the AI (mostly testing something for a mod, I've tested it A LOT too) I've never had the AI do nothing except when writing some new commands for the AI in Dox4Lyf.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

reminds me of an issue in FA that happened to my once every month or so: the game screen goes black and the game stops rendering any image. But it continues. Nobody in the game notices that I am completely blind.
    Will never be fixed and was one of the reasons I stopped playing FA for good.
    Good thing PA still has devs working on it.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Sure the AI isn't great when you boil it down.

But most new players won't be doing that when they are still learning the game.

Hell, when I first started, the AI flaking my base from every angle and expanding all across the map for metal completely destroyed me.

Hell even now I can't beat it's expansion, but I do go for the objective hard enough for it not to matter all that much.
    Remy561 likes this.
  12. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

*Throws fedora on the floor* WHY!?!? It's such a good game ;-;
  13. igncom1

It's alright.

Im having fun in it.

But it could be more, as always.
    ace63, stuart98 and nawrot like this.
  14. Geers

Geers Post Master General

That's weird. That static bug doesn't have that little other static texture in the lower left.
  15. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

ikr, it's like that mischievous kid and we are all it's mother

"He's really great! Just give him time and he's such a sweet heart!"
    -uber pls, why you do dis
    squishypon3 and igncom1 like this.
  16. Deletive

Deletive Member

No wonder he hasn't covered this game yet. He made a video way long ago about it when it was in kickstarter. Only reason I have the game today is because of him really.
  17. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

the static bug has nothing to do with graphics drivers
  18. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Most RTS players are single player players though.

I was also really excited for GW as I really like the single player side of RTS games, but have been very bummed with it so far and no sign of a change coming for it. :-(
    ace63, stuart98, zweistein000 and 3 others like this.
  19. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Luckily galactic war is almost entirely moddable. I haven't done it because I don't care, but it should be possible for someone to improve on it.
  20. igncom1

How so?

Could you mod it to include specific maps, like the ones made?

Differing objectives? and scenarios revolving around how many players and commanders are in a battle, with so many resources, and the forces they command(Like you would set up a skirmish game?)?