[WIP][Server] Orbital Warfare Overhaul

Discussion in 'Work-In-Progress Mods' started by emraldis, August 13, 2014.

1. Azzarrel

Azzarrel New Member

For some reasons i can't set up any online game with this mod - the lobby just doesn't respond as soon as i open it.
    I only installed oribal warfare overhaul and the Icon mod.
    In single-player AI battles it still works normal.

Any ideas ?
    Last edited: January 10, 2015
  2. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so i testet it a bit today ... overall it is ok ...

the lancer requiers a propper watermodel ..

regarding catalysts ... i think the energydrain is too much considering you have to build 5 of them ...

@emraldis

regarding the jigs talk back then on how to link them with metalspots what you could do intead of a drill is a sort of reclaim beam from orbit ... that way it would be also visible to the enemy ... however i think jigs should be not buildable when there are mexxes on the spot already and wise versa ...
    Last edited: January 10, 2015
  3. Jarquafelmu

Jarquafelmu New Member

Wondering if anyone else is encountering the graphical glitch with the orbital launcher where there is a giant gap where there unit being built is supposed to be. I would attach an image but apparently as a new user I'm not allowed to use any "non-whitelisted urls".
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

hat the same issue with an orbital launcher on water ....
    Jarquafelmu likes this.
  5. Jarquafelmu

Jarquafelmu New Member

This one isn't your mods fault but if you do get around to fixing the model for the orbital launcher, in the vanilla game the part the that holds the rocket moves to the launch tower but the rocket just stays put. That would be awesome if that was fixed as well :D
  6. Bsport

Bsport Well-Known Member

Yes, because i had the same issue, what happens is the mod is uploaded to the uber servers, but if you have a crap upload speed, like myself this can take sometime as its a pretty big mod. If you want to play single player or Lan, then you can do a local game (remember you need 6gb ram or your need to force it to do a local server, see settings) if you want to play with a friend i'd recommend the person with the best connection host.
    Nicb1 likes this.
  7. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

I might eventually give this thread the respect it deserves by reading through every post, but I wanna chip in and say that the catalyst is not too expensive to use in this mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I'm more hoping for a cost-to-fire the annihilaser. But a passive cost to have it on and idle does appeal to me too.
    As much as I understand that it's a game ender, I don't want it to be a landslide victory as soon as you finish it.
  8. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Gah not happy that for some reason the notification system didn't tell me that there were new posts here. Will be reading through the stuff I missed and answering any stuff that has not already been addressed.

EDIT:
    If the notification system doesn't bug out again I will definitely be more active here than I have been recently.
    Last edited: January 13, 2015
  9. Nicb1

We would love to do an orbital multiunit transport and have been wanting to do it for quite a while. The issue is that it is simply not possible to do properly atm. From what I understand statera used a bit of a hacky method to pick up multiple units, but the issue is exactly that, it's a hacky method and thus is not guaranteed to work as we would like (Don't quote me on this though, I may be wrong.). Also I do not think it is possible to utilise the unit cannon method of launching units from a mobile ship and even if it was we would have to heavily modify the feature so that the ship does not simply act as a mobile unit cannon.

Until Uber gets around to implementing their own multi unit transport system it is likely that this idea will simply remain a dream. But trust me, as soon as it becomes possible to properly implement this feature we will be doing so asap.

EDIT:
    Crap accidentally double posted instead of editing.

EDIT 2:
    Lastly since I've been so quiet recently, I've decided to share some behind the scenes stuff that has been going on on my end.

A while ago we implemented an anti tactical missile structure to provide some level of defence against tac missile. At the time we lacked a dedicated model (just used the flak gun) so we decided to take it out of the public build until I could come up with a dedicated model.
    I created a model for the structure and quite liked the way it turned out. The issue was that the structure never turned to face the incoming missile before shooting it down and this was impossible to fix. So I had to come up with a structure model that did not require a rotating gun (so it could fire without looking derp). I ended up creating this when I was bored and we decided to keep it since it looked cool.
    [​IMG]
    At this point in time mgmetal13 is working on animating this in 3ds max. He just started with 3ds max so it will likely take a while longer.

I also showed you guys a wip model for the orbital space bridge (teleporter) a while back and wanted to show what I've done to it recently. This is still a bit WIP in my eyes and is subject to potential change.
    [​IMG]
    For the teleporter mgmetal13 will be texturing it as usual and we will also have to create a custom effect for it. Heres hoping that Alpha(whatever the string of numbers next to his name is) will be able to help us out with that :) .

Well that's all I have to show for now and as usual any feedback is appreciated and will be taken into account .
    Last edited: January 13, 2015
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  10. Jarquafelmu

Jarquafelmu New Member

I was playing a game today and noticed that my Wraiths were failing to shoot down tac. missiles launched from the naval tac. crusiers.
  11. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

I am not sure, but I think you can't run this with custom system, or else you'll crash the server you are trying to run it on, but we can't get it to work, and when we do this crashes the mod, any suggestions on how to fix that? (The mod may need an update)
    Last edited: January 16, 2015
  12. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

Last edited: January 16, 2015
  13. mgmetal13

mgmetal13 Active Member

Does it only happen with this mod enabled. Have you had this happen with other systems?
  14. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

It happens w/ your's, when I try to use Stratera, but oddly not with Guma Guma Slide, it may just need a slight update, and yes it does happen with other systems it might not have anything to do with update, as Boom bot wars works perfectly fine, I will check in like 5-10 minutes
  15. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Server crash or client side crash?
  16. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

Alright, so this is a little hard to explain, but just stay with me. Alright, so cannot add AIs, I can't provide like a good "link" for an invite to others, nor can I change my color. But when I go to selct a different system, I have to wait for the systems to fully load to go and switch the system. When I go and select the specific sytem and say load this system the lobby I guess just "breaks." And one other thing to note the lobby for some reason doesnt advertise the mod in the little box at the bottom of the screen either.
  17. Nicb1

Oh your problem here is that you're not waiting long enough for the mod to upload to ubers servers. (mods like this one and statera are fairly large so they take quite a bit longer than simple mods like gumaguma slide). You have to first wait for that load wheel to stop spinning next to your username then you should get the mod box and should be able to add new players and such.
    sigmud2 likes this.
  18. stuart98

Wait until it shows up before changing the system. Large mods take a while to load and lobbies will derp up of you reload them (by changing the system, for example) before they're done. Be patient it shouldn't take more than five minutes.
    sigmud2 likes this.
  19. Nicb1

Ninja'd Stuart. You too slow :)
    sigmud2 likes this.
  20. stuart98

Give me a break, I'm on a kindle freaking fire!
    squishypon3 and sigmud2 like this.