R.i.p. Gem aka bald lofty

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by feedle, January 11, 2015.

1. feedle

feedle Post Master General

Im sad to say our dear friend and commerad is no longer with us.
    Terry passed away from complications due to surgury
    While most of the community knew him others might not have a clue.

He was a good friend to most of us and a guy with heart of gold.

Its truely a sad day...
    This is also not a joke or a troll etc.. Its real.

If you want to know who gem was in mnc check some of the pm videos teapot or gunked etc has posted.
    God bless you my friend and remember we were and always will be there for you.
  2. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

"Hi my name is Ian, I am Teri's nephew. I am sorry to inform you that he passed yesterday after complications during surgery. I know his gaming friends meant alot to him, funeral arragments will be made early next week. I will keep anyone who wishes to be informed on here for the next week or so before closing down his accounts. Sorry I cannot inform anyone any other way but I have limited access to whatever accounts are saved to his computer."
  3. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

4. feedle

I dont know what to say either man really a sad day
    notgunkedcontrol likes this.
  5. feedle

Just to clear things up tery shared the account with his nephew ian. We played and talked to teri while ian and teri played f1 racing as a hobby. He went also by the name colin but it wasnt his real name. Just to clear things up.
  6. joker

joker Active Member

I just heard about this and came to the forums and am happy to see a goodbye thread for this guy.

It really was heartbreaking news, as it would be to me for any of the core community members who kept this game alive for years. For the 30-40ish of us who played with/against each other for hours a day, beyond the trash talk, hatemail, grudge matches, we were all friends, even those who were always at arms to a certain degree. When you play with the same people on a regular basis, they become friends even if only through gaming. Most of us know each other by name, age, what we do for a living. We are a pretty tight knit community I'm happy to say.

Gem really was such a genuinely good dude too, it's so sad. No matter what was ever going on in the MNC world or a match, he always kept a level head and positive vibe and was just happy to be playing with friends. I'll never forget his trademark "I gotcha buddy" after so many of us gunners left him helplessly chasing us around for hours lol

It's a very sad loss, one that I admittedly shed a tear over. The world lost a good one in Gem and I wish his family well. RIP buddy
    Last edited: January 12, 2015
    notgunkedcontrol and xshammas like this.
  7. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

That sucks.
  8. crimsonskull

crimsonskull New Member

Gemicide was truly a great friend and an awesome person to play with or just to know him. He did always have such a positive attitude with him and I always enjoyed gaming with him. He will be missed and Ill never forget him R.I.P Gem/Terry.
  9. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

Oh man, I can still hear it in my headset.
    Also, Gem's reluctant willingness to play gunner even when getting stuck on it. "Foooyyn, oyll play gunnuh"
  10. teapot

teapot Post Master General

RIP Gemicide...

One of the greatest guys within the MNC community for sure. I really don't know what to say its so surprising. I can absolutely hear the "I gotcha buddy" in my head like he's right next to me. Always a cool guy that added way more to the team than just his skill.
  11. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

wow.
  12. thegemicide

thegemicide Active Member

Hope this is the right place to put this and i have found Teri's online hiding hole. my name is Ian and my uncle was Gem,bald or to me big unc. i have the sad responsabilty to inform all who knew him here that he passed away yesterday afternoon due to compications during his surgery on his back injury. his heart stopped jusy after he went under and they were unable to save him. its a huge shock to our little family and to his band mates and friends. i have tried to let as many of his online friends as possible, but it is very difficult to know what and where he played. so could you please pass this sad news on. no arragments have been made regarding funeral service ad yet. but if people would like details plz leave a message on xbl amd i will try to answer them when i at his house later this week. the messages already written here are heartbreaking to read, and as it seems through the breif chat i had with people on facebook that the big man was very well liked. the only thing i can say is that he loved this game and its people. he often drunkly spoke how it kinda saved him when things were bad for him. i am sorry to bring you this news this way. from the bottom of my heary i thank you all for being part of his life. Ian
  13. numberonegunner

numberonegunner New Member

Wow, I really don't know how I can even begin to say how great a guygem was. My condolences to his family

Bot Punchules
  14. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking the time out of a very stressful and very sad time to address the community here personally. It means a lot to the forum members here, the people who knew Teri, and to me personally.

If it would be ok with the family and appropriate with the service, I would like to send flowers on behalf of the community here as a small way to express our collective grief and our heart felt condolences for a man that has brought a lot of laughter and joy into our lives. If not, I respect your wishes.

Again, we here are all sorry for your loss.

Thank you.
  15. hungrypoem

hungrypoem Active Member

NOOOOO GEM!!!!!! i used to play a lot with gem, he was a funny dude and always cracked me up with his observations on the game
    RIP my fellow brit, may you drink unlimited tea and eat infinite crumpets in heaven you will be missed by us all
  16. hungrypoem

hungrypoem Active Member

i remember when he first started playing mnc years ago, he was and always was a genuinely good person to play with and against and would always be there if you needed healing or backup from his GUNNAH
    sorry to hear he is gone, this is a big shock
    i will be using the GEM clan tag on mnc, hopefully others will too when they find out what has happened, he deserves to remembered and i will tell my friends on xbox who knew him as well
    Last edited: January 12, 2015
    feedle and notgunkedcontrol like this.
  17. feedle

This was his entertainment to cope with things in life.. when life had you down in the dirt this game brought out the laughs and cheered him up. We always called him the British Beast because when you played on his host he was always the beast. While Teri didn't know us all personally he knew us every day as a fun group of people who he could talk with, drink with, smoke with and just enjoy a day of comfort and having fun.

I know Teri liked racing and his F1 as well as you Ian and when Teri wanted to play we understood this was his hobby next to his music. The only person who hasn't really responded back about the news is Chaosff7 (mike). I told him on playstation about the news and xbox but he was a good friend with Chaos and gave him alot of advice for his life to get it back in gear.

We were hoping he would pull through this injury and made it seam like he was going to be fine in 3 months. It saddens me that our small group of friends lost one of the most humble and cheerful person.
  18. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

I haven't been able to sleep all night because of this. Gemicide was one of the first friends I had on MNC and one of the few people I would accredit to helping me get out of a deep depression that I was in for a couple of years right before I started playing, and I know that Gem was in a similar situation when he first started playing and Lead, feedle, and chaos were there for him. I still can't believe this happened from everything he told me the doctors were confident in his recovery but he was still scared shitless that something like this might happen or that he might not fully recover. And for all things to take down the british beast a ******* surgery it's just unfair. One of the nicest guys I know had to get in a crash and this had to happen to us. I always assumed that the first person that was going to die was Lead but I guess I was proved wrong.

And this had to happen at Christmas as well a time for family and celebration, and I knew how excited he was about everything as well. Gem was planning on getting Lead a person that I have had gem described as "someone he owes his life to and one of my closest friends." a freaking xbox one for the secret santa, I talked to him a week or so before he passed and he said he was going to try getting it sent within the next couple days from the hospital the crazy motherfucker. He was far to kind for what happened to him and it is absolutely tearing me up and I can't think about much else, I was barely able to manage my way through work the other day and there is no way i'll be making it to my classes.

I owe gem so much and i'll never have the chance to thank him for all the stuff that he has helped me out with over the past two years. And I do plan on making sure one way or the other gems last gift gets sent. If the crazy mothefucker didn't manage to do it himself before he passed.
    leov1993 and feedle like this.
  19. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

It's a day later and I'm still at a loss for words. I didn't talk too much to Gem, but the few conversations I had with him he seemed genuinely interested in the things we were talking about. He was truly a kind person overall.
    I've never had anyone close to me pass away before, it's painful to say the least and I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear.

Rest in peace Teri.
    feedle and notgunkedcontrol like this.
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

It's tough reading these.. I really appreciate you letting us know Ian. I can only imagine how great of a guy he was in person considering we're all in agreement how he was one of the greatest guys online. Truly a friendly, caring person. I'll admit when Feedle told me, it didn't hit me right away. I understood what I was reading and understood the situation, but it was kinda numbing. It wasn't until I relayed the bad news to Frank last night did it hit me. When I heard his reaction it because a little less numbing and settled in a bit...

I'm sure I can think of a better way to say this, but last night we played some amazing PM matches. I'm not sure if it was the bad news or what but we all came together one last time and I think its thanks to Gem. I know he would have wanted in on those matches, but i also believe he would want us to come together for more matches.

Toon, I'd love to contribute in any way shape or form to this idea. I think its a good idea and Gem definitely deserves it.
    notgunkedcontrol and feedle like this.