Need Port Forwarding help badly!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by DrRayStantz, February 10, 2011.

1. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

My friend and I have been trying to connect to each other so we can go against the waves of the PC however we can't see the game on the server menu and when we try to connect or invite through the Steam overlay it just says the server is not responding. I was told I had to open my ports on my router.

As this is not something I am comfortable doing I want to make sure I am doing it right. I access my router and click on the application and gaming section. This is where it lists the port forwarding.

Is this how it is suppose to look?

Application Start End Protocol IP Address Enable
    mnc.exe 1200 1200 UDP 192.168.1.? x
    mnc.exe 27000 27050 TCP 192.168.1.? x
    mnc.exe 27000 27050 UDP 192.168.1.? x
    mnc.exe 7777 7780 TCP 192.168.1.? x
    mnc.exe 7777 7780 UDP 192.168.1.? x

For the IP address part do I put the last digit of the number I type in to access my router or do I put 100 in there? Also if this is right does my friend have to do the same thing?

I have a linksys router and I run Windows 7 64 bit. I also noticed in the task manager when I play mnc it lists the program as mnc.exe *32 it also lists steam.exe *32. I don't know if any of that matters.

Any help so my friend and I can play would be greatly appreciated.
  2. kotay

kotay New Member

hi, if you go to start button, type cmd, press enter it will bring up the msdos command window, then type ipconfig /all

this will bring up all your ip info

look for this

[​IMG]

where it says ipv4 address then your ip the router designated where it says preferred so i would put in 2. I used to have a linksys and i think it will be 10* so like 101 or something

but also i cannot see blitz servers and people cannot see mine so it isnt always a port forwarding problem.

hope this helps
  3. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

shameless bump to try and get more help. There is also a thread on the Steam forums titled "Server not responding" that is full of people having the same issues not being to host games so they and their friends can play.
  4. kotay

kotay New Member

post in this thread

link
  5. Akutare

Akutare New Member

Do you have a static IP set up? You need a static IP to be able to port forward, and if you want an easy way to do it, you can try this tool if you don't feel comfortable setting it up yourself:

http://portforward.com/help/setup_static_ip_address.htm

Then you should just be able to put the last few numbers into your router settings, and it should work from there.
  6. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

Thanks Akutare I'll give it a shot. What I don't get is why would I have to go through all of that trouble with this game when I don't have to do it for any others? Thats the part I'm not understanding.
  7. Akutare

Akutare New Member

Most other games pretty much do it for you, or have a master server where you make rooms, not actual listen servers, at least I think that's the case.
  8. DrRayStantz

DrRayStantz New Member

Thats what I don't understand. In this day and age and when you are marketing your game as online play and play with friends why would you make it more difficult for your customers to enjoy your game. Having games do this for you is basically the industry standard now so when you release a game that asks your customers to do something that other games don't ask I think you are just asking for more trouble. Trouble that can easily be avoid by just making your game the same as the others.

Also to ignore the people that are asking for help isn't good either.