1. pineapplecreampuddin

pineapplecreampuddin New Member

Just bought this game on sale. Read all the bad reviews, but hey the game is cheap so i thought it would be worth a try to see what the big fuss is about.

Was very surprised at how much strategy is in the game. Wow. First game i played, someone built some flying things in space that ate all my units. Wow, tell me what strategy game lets you do that? Now i am scouting all the time and only died to it one more time.

I'm very disappointed that I did not buy this game earlier because of reading all those bad reviews.

Thankyou uber for making a game where you can do things like this.
    sierra159, liamdawe, EdWood and 31 others like this.
  2. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

It's almost as if they released the game too early, but hey, who likes firing half of their staff?
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I was never a bad game.

It's built from principles that are bound to succeed in some way; it's heritage from TA and Supreme Commander :
    flow based economy, huge numbers of units, 100% simulated... those sorts of things.

the bad reviews come down to how much all of this lacks a budget.

they couldn't await completion and then release. to keep the cashflow going they sold the game as they were developing it and play-tested with the userbase.

it's a different, very open and community-oriented way of going about things.

but it implies the game is still very much unfinished and was reviewed in an even more unfinished state.

If you like it already that's good news for you because it'll only keep getting better.

and it's also great that you can appreciate it for what it's worth not for what it costs because it is indeed surprising that such a tech marvel be sold so cheap.

when you feel you've gotten some experience playing PA try out the mods, alot of them boost the UI and act as a prosthetics to your interaction with the game making you better.

others make the game look better,

others still will alter the balance, add units.
    Remy561, Swordsith and cptconundrum like this.
  4. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

There is a good thing about being cheap- PA is the third most sold game on Steam right now IIRC. (Maybe not third... but very far up there)
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I see PA and PA - Digital Deluxe in the top 10.
  6. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Welcome aboard - hope to see you cruising the lobbies soon :)
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Last edited: January 11, 2015
    Remy561, cdrkf and cptconundrum like this.
  8. Swordsith

Swordsith New Member

Glad your enjoying yourself with the game. It keeps getting better all the time.
  9. tigerwarrior

tigerwarrior Active Member

I haven't played the game in a long time. Probably cause it feels isolated to play only against AI, but I'm bad. Still I wish some people would go back and change their reviews because it's not like the Steam reviews are permanent.
  10. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

There is a very good range of skill on the 1v1 ladder now, so you might want to check that out. Once the matchmaker learns your skill it tries to give you even matches every time.
  11. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

The sales are certainly growing the playerbase in a big way

upload_2015-1-11_11-49-14.png

It's great to see, and this doesn't include folks playing with the uber launcher. I'm hoping word of mouth will spread the awesome and counteract the out-dated or misleading reviews.
    theseeker2, Remy561, cdrkf and 6 others like this.
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Or steam offline players, which may be around 2.5x this number - https://forums.uberent.com/threads/multiplayer-numbers.67009/page-4#post-1053242

PA reached the top-sellers list on revenue when it was $6 ??? :eek:

Wait, let me correct that - PA reached the top-sellers list on revenue with two different editions when the base game was $6 ???
    Last edited: January 11, 2015
    Remy561 and cptconundrum like this.
  13. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

Lol i told everyone that they need to buy this game now!!!! And most of them did
    Remy561, cptconundrum and cwarner7264 like this.
  14. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Uber must be rich now
  15. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

First you had to wait 1 minute now couple seconds in 1vs1 ranked. Also today there where lots of lobbies. Really nice
    drz1 and cwarner7264 like this.
  16. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Awesome to see them bring in so many new players :)
  17. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

I think this is just another example of why Steam shouldn't allow past reviews to stay at the top and to allow the newest form of review (good or bad) to be on the top
  18. cynischizm

cynischizm Active Member

Welcome. Glad you're enjoying PA.

New players are always great to see. Better still if a decent number stick around long enough to get reasonably good.
  19. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

It's not Steam's problem, Uber released the game and reviewed it. The solution is to only release a game when it is ready.
  20. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

But said review system leaves completely outdated reviews in.

Heck I bet there are still reviews from back when tf2 wasn't an f2p, and that would be really ridiculous.