PTE Build is up - 76758-pte

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, January 9, 2015.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

in the launcher you can select a "stream" and one is called PTE... is what I remember.
  2. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

While fixing up translations for https://palobby.com/ found the following missing translations in current builds:

Start
    • Multi-player > Custom
    • Multi-player > 1v1 Ranked Match
    • Multi-player > Leaderboards
    • Player Guide
    Server Browser
    • Host game locally
    • Regions > Any
    • Locked, Open
    • Refresh, Auto refresh (still think these are unnecessary)
    Armoury
    • Coupon code placeholder text
    Will add more as I find them.
    Last edited: January 10, 2015
  3. cola_colin

While I agree that Uber should put in a little more work to compress the stream of game data to the level you have on palobby.net I think actually such options are not bad. Consider there are people who have limited amounts of allowed traffic per month.
    warrenkc and Remy561 like this.
  4. mikeyh

Server browser now correctly updates currently selected game :)
    proeleert likes this.
  5. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Any update on the progress of our ati cards and high contrast, Please let me know if you need more details.
    zx0, cola_colin and warrenkc like this.
  6. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

The current version stats 76695...thats up from 76502....what you hiding from us jables? shall we send in the blood-hound known as raven to sniff up all those extra changes? :p
  7. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Sound nice, good to see some movement again! (hope you had good vacations!)
  8. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

When will this update come online for steam?

Steam version is: 76557
  9. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Well, this is probably by intention, but we should take this to the balance section.
  10. cola_colin

In steam you can select to use the PTE as well. Somewhere when you rightclick PA there is that option.
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I think that's a typo - we are several released builds past 76502! Probably meant to read 76702, which is the small update that didn't end up going out today.

I'm amazed no-one picked that up before! :p
  12. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Nice, AI improvements are always great. Seems to work fine, but I still encountered pathing issues, where fabbers tried to go for a build order and got stuck on a wall.
    On a metal planet, fabber's were supposed to go south to construct turrets, and get stuck on one of the broad, horizontal csg 'bars'. Also got a bunch of dox supposed to planet patroul stuck there (factory directly besides it). To bad I can't seem to get the replay.

You think? I noticed it when updating and just didn't care. :rolleyes:
  13. mikeyh

EDIT: Ignore that... Uber are adding udid's to games in the new builds.

There seems to be a problem with selecting games in the new server browser which I'm trying to confirm.

I need a bunch of people to create at least 5 public games in the PTE and some other people to try selecting those games.
    Last edited: January 10, 2015
  14. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

Did they fix the multiplayer lobby?. If you fail to join, or if you leave a multiplayer lobby you get moved back to the main menu? So you have to click again on multiplayer-> custom and then join a game... very annoying.
    warrenkc likes this.
  15. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

YEAAAAAAAAAAAA!! I'm very excited about the AI improvements! Thanks Sorian! :D
  16. mikeyh

Not yet.
  17. mikeyh

@jables @masterdigital

How are retired games supposed to work in the updated server browser?

If you set some filters then any games which no longer meet the criteria of your filters appear as retired games until cleared by manually clicking the refresh button. eg free for all, max planets 8, min players 4, not modded, open, etc.

In a busy lobby the list of retired games grows reasonably quickly where any of the following are changed and no longer match your filters: mode, state, status, number of players, number of planets, tag, mods, password, system, etc.

Previously games that no longer met the criteria for filters just disappeared. That worked for me.

With a couple of filters set in the PTE I keep having to click refresh to clear out the retired games so that I can see the available games I want without scrolling through the clutter.

The sorting by timestamp does help to stablise the list... still not convinced about the retired games, refresh button and auto refresh checkbox.

Mod developers: If you have the dev tools installed you can see a full list of stable games in the PTE by using the console for the games browser to change the build number with:
    • model.buildVersion("76557")

PTE-76695-browser.png
  18. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Defo lovin the Ai work, and the all new holkin's looks awesome also.
  19. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Wait, how did you fake that shot?! PTE is ALWAYS dead so this simply cannot be real! (but that "Refresh"-Button and "Autorefresh"-Checkbox are PTE only...)
    Edit: @mikeyh : Ah, thanks, thereĀ“s the magic!
    Last edited: January 11, 2015
  20. mikeyh

model.buildVersion("76557") in the server browser console using the dev tools.