[REQ] Effect Made, Some1 Make a Team-Colored Sphere?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by thetrophysystem, December 20, 2014.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Tgi
    This is simply amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on this mod. You guys never cease to amaze!
  2. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Remember those are just the visuals. I have no idea if @tHeTrOpHySyStEm or @Corang actually got the technique to block incoming projectiles working.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Oh right. Definitely did. The only limitation I am aware of, is making it's range not cover inside of itself, because it literally hits a projectile with another projectile.

If not, the artificial way for @Corang to do it, or the modeler @squishypon3 , is to put the turret facing directly up, and limiting it's yaw and pitch, to only be able to aim at an angle so far sideways, where it can aim at it's max range, but not any further downward than that. That way, unit shots are too low when inside of the range.

Or, y'know, just make what is "essentially" a shield, except is a "countermeasure", that works like a shield but within the shield's "range" as well. If it is balanced, it shouldn't entirely matter if it can intercept shots from units close to it.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  4. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Sorry, that I haven't made a mod yet, I haven't had a capable computer.
    thetrophysystem likes this.