Shared army betrayal> more common now? Report button?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by emporer88, January 7, 2015.

?

should a report button be added?

Poll closed February 8, 2015.
  1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

50.0%
  1. emporer88

emporer88 Member

the reason i posted this thread was because i am now running into silly players who just delete you and there commanders for no reason whatsoever, i am suggesting a REPORT button after the match ends. that way the admins/mods/staff would be able to easily get a hold on cheaters and bad players. what i suggest is when you click report button it sends the match ID to the team and flags it with REPORTED. then the mods/staff/admins could find cheats/exploits and so on.
    a good example is what happened to me 10 mins ago.
    EDIT: me and the guy who destructed had a talk and he did have reason and me and him sorted it out.. but i will would like to see something added
    Last edited: January 7, 2015
  2. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

Not really sure what could be done after being reported. But I know a guy who can......take of.....ummm.......send them to Belize.
    ace902902 likes this.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Internet mercenaries?
    xankar and squishypon3 like this.
  4. emporer88

emporer88 Member

both excellent ideas
    !
    squishypon3 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  5. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

I've already said too much.
    squishypon3 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  6. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I'm not a fan of League of legends, but its getting to the point where PA is going to need a few systems that LOL has implemented. Such as vote kicking. Reporting. Player records (how much they've been kicked or reported).
  7. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

I agree it would be nice to see some form of punishment for those whom decide to "end" the game early due to their own impatience and the idea would really need to be fleshed out so that when it comes into effect it doesnt just flounder and die right off the line
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

guys stop this.

I think what's hapening here is people aren't considering events past the first chess piece move.

Think

if you can turn users from each other than you reduce the effective playerbase ....which would be fine in may other games....that have a sufficiently big playerbase, however we do not.

people don't know how to reason with themseves and act rationally, give a man that button and trust me the drunken feeling of power will make him cut himself from the playerbase completely in a single day.

...and then, cuz they're smart they'll come on here complaining that they can't get a game going ....oh brother.

no.

the correct approach to this, as I've said dozens of times, before is (and yes this requires some pactience, politeness, time and effort) is to educate your playerbase.

and when I say pacience politeness time and effort I mean absolutely minimal on your part.

First you need visible rank and game count (rank alone means nothing and can allow trolls to persue trolling).

with both of these you can :
    1. balance your games
    2. and from that balance flows troll elimination

think about it a troll has a middle-ground game count but extremely low rating.

his games are short ergo numerous but very little winning is involved.

...not numbers you want to side with right?

you'd rather place your bets on the solid 400 games played 1200 score guy who you know diserves his rating because of how cemented it is.

as a result no one is left a sad man as they each have their group to play with :

trolls being left with each other and god knows a troll atempting to troll a troll gets nowhere.

soon they grow tired of their own antics and fall in line.

win win.
    xankar, bengeocth and wilhelmvx like this.