[Video Guide] Quickscoping as Sniper

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by WylieTimes, February 14, 2011.

1. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Hey guys, made a quick 10 minute video guide for quickscoping as the Sniper, unfortunately the video quality isn't amazing, but, if you're interested - hopefully it can help you out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQRlyh3hclA

Happy sniping!
  2. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Quickscoping in 2 easy steps:

1 - Press M2
    2 - Quickly press M1
    3 - ?????
    4 - Profit

Also, good show, you sure showed those non-moving bots! And the floor. And that other wall.
  3. Mail

Mail New Member

I will try this, but I am a terrible sniper. I have been aware of it for a while but it never really occurred to me how easy it is. No promises for the results.
  4. taste

taste New Member

why on earth did you post a video of you vs some bots? replace the video of an actual game with no edits (start to finish).
  5. Mail

Mail New Member

It's a demonstration of the technique for those that don't know what it means. I was vaguely aware of quickscoping, but wasn't aware it didn't need to be completely zoomed in to fire accurately and score headshots.
  6. PezD

PezD New Member

I used to first press M1 then M2, but then the Quickscoping guide changed my life. Now I know how to press M2 before M1 in just 2 weeks of training.

Quickscoping guide, order now and receive how to get money from Bullseye guide absolutely free.

So what are you waiting for, call now!
  7. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Why even bother with that?

1. Shoot everyone in the head.

Damn, now you're the best Sniper in the world!
    How did you ever get so good? That's crazy!
    Go win some tournaments. You deserve the money for sustaining that arduous journey.

And why should I use players in my guide when bots and walls get the job done for showing how you can shoot at longer and closer ranges?
    I made a guide, not a frag video.

Why record several games over several hours, waiting for one which I can use to make the guide, when I can just do it in an hour or so by making my own server?
    It's a guide, not a frag video...

Hey what? My Quickscoping product has nothing to do with the Bullseye guide!
    Get that out of here.
    Mooching off my fame like that.
  8. Blavier

Blavier New Member

Using pros as demonstration would be terrible because not every quick scope shot is going to be a kill. I will say having some footage of using the technique in a crossfire match would be useful, but for the purpose of the guide though it is not necessary and this is a great introduction to quick scoping.

If that is what you took away from the video I don't recommend picking the sniper class in crossfire.
  9. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Cali is well capable of playing Sniper and I have to agree with him, kinda closed after like 4 minutes.

Press M2 then M1, receive headshot, good game on missing the bots though
  10. verden

verden New Member

I see where you're going with it, more or less. Although a demonstration(frag movie as you put it), would've been a better guide video.

I have a feeling that if you demonstrated what you were doing, people would kind of figure what to do. You know.. with the whole.. pressing the mouse buttons n' what not.
  11. Blavier

Blavier New Member

Was the video longer than it should have been? Sure I'll agree with that. A 2-3min tutorial would have been much cleaner since it was just an introduction to how to quick scope, but saying quick scoping is just about M2 + M1 misleads newer people. People complain about bad players and then they try to tear down good advice :roll:

Learning how to use your unscoped retical is important as a sniper because scoped tracking is nearly impossible on evasive targets and obviously you get a much wider view unscoped. TF2 snipers typically had their scoped sensitivity customized to be incredibly low because they had already aimed their shot before even pressing M2 and they just needed the precision.
  12. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Fair enough.

Though, I will address the general complaint about length from most people - with saying that while the guide was about quickscoping, which is pretty much just a method of shooting, I also did want to go into depth with why you would want to use it.
    I remember trying to explain to a CSS clanmate who was a very adept Sniper, how to quickscope - then when it came down to a clan match, he didn't put it into practice at all.
    When asked why, he thought it was just a gimmick that he could try to pull on bad pubs for fun, and that it wouldn't help in a skilled match. Obviously I reiterated that quickscoping is the default for all shots a Sniper should be taking.

I figure as I see so many MNC Snipers just standing stationary in scope, they might need the same sort of explanation.

Like, again, sorry to everyone who was looking for JUST a guide on how to use 2 buttons, but I did say I was taking it from the top for newbies at the start of the video XP

I'm sure that you have never ever taken a relaxed pot shot as some bots while being a little distracted by something else and actually missed before, right?
    Last edited: February 16, 2011
  13. grimbar

grimbar New Member

I don't turn that footage into a guide though.
  14. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

"Whoop! Delete that! Who cares if you got all the info you wanted! You missed a single shot!" (or two? *shrug*)

Who gives a crap?
    I'm not claiming to be the best Sniper in the world, and I'm not claiming to be a master quickscoper - why is it an issue?

I'm starting to think you might have actually learned something from the guide and so you're getting all embarrassed and butthurt and "I could do better omg!".

It's okay wittle gwimbar, I don't think I'm better than you.
  15. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Way to deal with valid criticism regarding a guide.

Here's something for you: Thank you mate you showed me how clicking two buttons in quick succession yield a high reward at hitting (or not) bots, my life is better now and my KD improved tenfold.

(Is that better "criticism")?

Btw quickscoping is not a glitch, may wanna reword that.
  16. Uncle_Coord

Uncle_Coord New Member

If you are going to make a video guide, especially on a skill such as quickscoping which if mastered can be used to pull off some very impressive kills, why would you then attach a commentary to a video that has you missing robots...

If your going to put together a guide on the class you need to show the skills being used at their peak, really show off how useful they are, how many people are going to follow an assaults guide if he charges off the map on his first use, or throws his bomb over the heads of bots and misses...

If you are going to create a guide that you expect noobs to follow then give them something to aspire to, show them the skill truely being used.
  17. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

Ok, let's try this from another angle:

What's the point of a video guide? To SHOW people how to use something. How to apply certain knowledges. That's the only advantage a video guide has over a written one. So when you do a video guide you, optimally, want to show both how to do it on a controlled environment, focusing solely on how to perform the move (which in this case is rather stupid simple), and then you show the players how to apply this to actual gameplay.

You spend 10 minutes doing just the first part. Worse, the few examples you show are against bots, most of the time when they're not moving... And even then you miss a few shots.... When you extract the essential from your video, this is all it comes down to:

- Press M2 to scope, then quickly press M1. This allows you to instantly have the pin-point perfect accuracy of the scoped sniper, while shooting much faster, so you can aim normally, then just do that instead of scoping.

This takes 30 seconds to explain. 1 minute if you wanna take it slow and give examples. You spent 10 minutes on this alone. Why? Do you honestly think people are not capable of pressing two buttons in a quick sequence? That's all you show.

Quickscoping is a fairly easy feature to understand. It's not as easy to apply to new players, but that's something that only comes from practice. No amount of written text or video will train your muscle memory to do these things.

Best you can do if you wanna do a quickscoping guide is to make a new video with those 2 parts. First explain what it is, and for the love of god man, "clear and concise". is a golden rule of communication. Then show some actual game footage of how you can apply it in a game, hell maybe throw in some personal highlights from using it as a motivator. Think things like quickscoping a Gunner or Tank that got way too close for comfort. Maybe how to use these in conjunction with your freeze traps, a trick every sniper should know. You still don't need 10 minutes for this though. 5, maybe 6 minutes is pushing it. I'd tell you to aim at 3/4 personally.

This isn't ripping on you. This is as constructive as I can make it.

PS: I can assure you, you aren't better than grim.
  18. WylieTimes

WylieTimes New Member

Actually, this is the kind of critique I wanted and that I can use - thanks :D
    Good post and such.

I dunno, I wouldn't be surprised personally, as many games
    a) Don't let you fire while zooming.
    b) Don't let you flicker zooming.
    c) Don't give you perfect accuracy while still zooming in.

So, I dunno, maybe uber have stated otherwise and I haven't seen the post.