Nukeing your allies...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by g0hstreaper, January 2, 2015.

1. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

So I just killed an allie ( I didn't think it would work cause ya know ... allies) and wanted to know it this was still left in intentionally or not..
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Why did you select the nuke launcher, select the attack option and then click on your ally?

At any rate, it's intentional because nukes are supposed to be able to destroy everything. Making a player immune to allied nukes wouldn't make much sense.
    pieman2906 and cptconundrum like this.
  3. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

You can also take damage from a friendly com exploding next to your com.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

A troll teammate could easily end your game, and there's no anti-nuke to stop allied missiles.

Same thing with trolls deleting commanders in shared armies.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Nukes also kill your own units, it's just to make nukes feel much more powerful.

I severely enjoy it, though I'd with everything would do damage to teammates (at least AOE like Supcom)
    nateious likes this.
  6. g0hstreaper

Agreed I do like how it is still scare but like @KillerKiwiJuice said what about stopping the trolls, I know my nuke was more of a test the boundaries but as newer players come in I have seen some of the "cancer" that does come with it and don't want the new players that do like the game to be discouraged that that is what the game is like

-It's just a fear that we could loose good or fantastic new members just because some troll ruined enough of a persons game play ;-;
    ic3d3emon likes this.
  7. avatar100400

I have actually never seen team mates nuke each other except for in a Team Burning game once.
    Majority of the time in public games its people Deleting each others Commanders when Shared army is on.
    I actually refuse to play a public game with people i don't know if Shared Army's is on.
    I honestly think Anti Nuke should work on friendly missiles just like it does on Nukes directly in coming.
    Last edited: January 3, 2015
  8. squishypon3

But then if a friendly nuke flies over your base to hit the enemy.... there goes all that metal.
    pieman2906, stuart98 and websterx01 like this.
  9. meir22344

meir22344 Active Member

You could have it so that if a player allied to you sets the target of the nuke within the radius of your anti-nukes the allied missile is shot down
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  10. avatar100400

Based on my understanding of Anti Nukes and a Dev or modder correct me but Anti Nuke works based on if
    a Nuke explosive radius/Target is in the Anti Nukes radius it hits.I have had a few games were Nukes have gone passed anti nuke at the point on the planet were the nukes enters.

I don't think it would be incredible hard to implement and if it doesn't work like that then it
    mite be a idea for Uber to do that to make Nukes more realistic.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

If there is a nuclear missile that is at any point in time located in range of a hostile anti nuke the nuke will be shot at by the anti nuke.
  12. theofalip

theofalip New Member

G0hst found this out when he nuked me....... I will never forget, or forgive him... most likely
    theseeker2, Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  13. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

That's not true; anti-nukes fire at any hostile nuke that comes within range.
  14. g0hstreaper

I'm sorry scaf ;-; I though it wouldn't work because it seemed to stupid to work but then again I have found dumber things to do in that gameXD
  15. onyxia2

onyxia2 Member

ha and here I thought You were allied to a player in FFA and betrayed them before they can betray you first ;p
  16. g0hstreaper

no no! It was a 5v5 and we were winning quite one handedly and so I thought well....I haven't used nukes in a while since unit cannons and such and so I saw that @theofalip was not moving his comm and so I sent them out of a act of science aaaand...boom
  17. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

There are edge cases where you'd want to fire off a defensive nuke to wipe out an army coming out of a sneaky teleporter, or hitting an enemy com that's in orbit over a friendly anti-nuke.
  18. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Well does antinuke stop an allied nuke

Particularly when it is heading to your base?
  19. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

No.
  20. squishypon3

Hehe, which is a very good thing!
    theseeker2 likes this.