Launching the Game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by kolofonfugl, December 31, 2014.

1. kolofonfugl

kolofonfugl New Member

Hi, when i start the game then i hear music and can see my mouse (not the normal mouse but PA mouse icon) but there is a Black screen. I can hear when i press keys on my keyboard, it seems like it interactes with the menu in the game... any ideas? i have updated video drivers to the newest
  2. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Can you post your DxDiag anyway, and also the game log (latest .txt file) from C:\Users\yourUsername\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log

That should help to diagnose the issue.

Coherent UI logs may also be needed if nothing is found.
    SXX likes this.
  3. kolofonfugl

kolofonfugl New Member

Hi Again, and happy New Year
    Here is the Coherent-Ui file = Nyt tekstdokument
    the Log = PA-16-57-28.015

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Could you try to add "--software-ui" command line (either on PA shortcut or Steam PA properties) and see if it's better ?
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Nice. You forgot the dxdiag.txt though. You can make one by pressing <Win>+R, typing "dxdiag" and pressing "Save All Information...". Upload the resulting file here.

Though Fr33Lancer's solution will probably allow you to play PA anyway. I think it introduces another bug where after playing a game, you get a black screen again until you resize the window. At least on Linux it does that with the --software-ui flag.
  6. kolofonfugl

kolofonfugl New Member

Sorry about the waiting time, had a quick Holiday!

If i enter any command that is correct into the "set launch options" in steam then the game wont even launch...
    Very strange, i tried som other games with some different commands and all start.......... it starts with prepering game and then nothing happens....
  7. kolofonfugl

kolofonfugl New Member

sorry forgot the file DX file... her et is..
    thanks

Attached Files:

8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Can you please check that you used software ui without quotes? E.g:
    Code:
    --software-ui
    If there incorrect launch option PA won't run at all.

I see you have two GPUs in CrossFireX. Can you try to disable it and try to run game without it?
    PA don't use fullscreen and likely can't be affected but CFX, but I worry it's may break Coherent UI.
  9. kolofonfugl

kolofonfugl New Member

Hi have entered with out the quotes. i did it with only 1 dash but tried with 2 dashes and still the same problem... the game starts but with a Black screen and only being able to use the the in game mouse cursor.

I tried making a shortcut and adding it to the command line but same thing. I have tried disabling CF before but i will try Again...
  10. kolofonfugl

kolofonfugl New Member

Nope didnt Work switching the CFX off and running one Card...