after three months, giving GW another try.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by aapl2, January 2, 2015.

1. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

this is dumb, this is broken. No one thought this through at all.
    So the AI gets everything unlocked and you have to find all of your tech?
    orbital basic tech doesn't have orbital fabber to no tp dropping with that, you have to drop a fabber and build it.
    they can and will nuke you at 20 mins and you can possibly not get t2 tech to even be able to counter it.

who passed off on this and said "oh yeah, put this in the game."

don't even try and give me the "just restart it's rouge-like" bs.

no wonder the playerbase is so small.
    ace63 and stuart98 like this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I still feel like GW is more like a proof of concept than an actual playable campaign.

It's missing quite a few of the promised features. Mainly, any form of actual strategy in the form of moving enemy commanders, counter attacks, and the like. I was so excited about GW... But it still needs so much work and has been largely ignored since it was released.
    optimi likes this.
  3. trialq

trialq Post Master General

It is the same now as it was 3 months ago, not a lot of point trying again if you didn't like it last time. It's a basic idea that fits the bill of a first pass. There's not a lot of depth to it, but it's ok if you like grinding. I wouldn't expect it to be updated in a while.

It's client side, so someone dedicated enough could make a more involved single player mode if they were motivated enough. I don't think it will happen with a GW as we know it yet. I think it will happen first with a campaign, when we can create maps with pre-built structures and do basic scripting (I think we can do everything else now).
  4. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

it's the first thing a lot of people play of pa and it's broken to the core, how is that not a major issue?
    stuart98 likes this.
  5. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It certainly would have been nice to just include some lore videos into galactic war and then made GW feel like it's based on said lore.

I'm sure it's not too hard to take all the story telling from development and make an epic video series for use in GW, just to spice it up.

Pancakes taste terrible without syrup.