Rewards Fulfillment Progress

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, September 12, 2014.

1. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

I knew a guy who had a time machine, but he got lost in time.

This is a photo of his time machine:
    [​IMG]
    Remy561 and squishypon3 like this.
  2. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Since i'm in the southern hemisphere and it's already early spring, did i already get my stuff months ago and not realise? or am I just waiting till halfway through 2015?
  3. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

What is this "PA usb thumb drive" you guys speak of? I really have no idea what it is or what it looks like.
  4. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

It's a bit of kickstarter loot.
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We also haven't shown it off yet.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  6. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Hi Garat, thanks for the reply to my other post, I shall be seeking those comms and digi art books out very soon!
    Do you have a status update for the holiday sale commander that was confirmed to all people who bought before 2014, I believe? And will t-shirts ever likely be made available to the masses?
    Thanks again.
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Like the custom commanders, there's a backlog of commanders to make. :)

Will there be t-shirts? Almost definitely. Will the Kickstarter ones be made available? Unlikely, I think?
    Remy561 and squishypon3 like this.
  8. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Aw, sad face, I couldn't afford to back for a tshirt at kickstarter, but I would love to advertise my love of the game on my personage...
    Excited about new comms now!
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I can't wait for you to show it off. I was just wondering about it the other day. It is just a flash drive, that likely means, aside from coming packaged with the game files and a redeption key for the retail game likely on a .txt file, it can also hold other files if I wanted to move it off and on?
  10. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Will we be able to change our initial shirt selection before they are sent out? As I understand, the shirt designs have changed a little since the kickstarter and I cannot even remember which size I picked.
  11. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

It'd be nice if the Kickstarter stuff stayed kinda exclusive. Make equally cool stuff other stuff for those who came later to party.

That is unless you want to reopen the $1,000 custom commanders. Coz now I know I could potentially make a profit on one it changes the equation. ;)
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I wouldn't make any assumptions yet.

Mike
  13. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Which. That it won't be re-opened. There's profit in some of them. Or both?
  14. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Both really.

It's not unreasonable to think that the idea of allowing Custom Commanders to be "ordered" again at some point might happen, but it'd require some VERY careful internal logistics unless they were to hire someone specifically to primarily or solely work on Commanders. It's tough because generally in larger studios Artists can easily be shuffled around right when they aren't needed anymore on Project A to exactly when they start to be needed on Project B because they happened to line up just right, it's not always the case of course. It might happen, but I don't think it's likely.

As for having a good chance to make a profit, we just can't say yet, sure reading the Polygon article on it's own makes it sound like a sure thing but is it really? I mean, given all the factors involved, is it a good idea to draw conclusions based on just 6 commanders that had 2-3+ Months of pure exclusivity on the market when there is still about 95 Other Commanders that haven't potentially shown up yet? Not to mention that this is a very subjective thing we're dealing with as well with the Visual Appeal aspect to all this.

At this point, we just don't have the data to know anything for certain. Is it possible several of the initial 6 Commanders only reached profitability because of the exclusivity? Maybe, if they were literally the best 6 designs they'd still have the same outcome.....potentially. This is just a case where not only a large number of interracting factors that make things complex to figure out but there are also factors that basically can't be guess at until it's actually put ot the player like "Visual Appeal" and "Perceived Value".

Believe me, I'd like it if it was an easy "yes" answer and everyone can have thier cake and eat it too, but based on everything I've seen I'm just not convinced.

Mike
  15. someonewhoisnobody

someonewhoisnobody Well-Known Member

16. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Id definately be up for buying some pa goodies.

Would love a t-shirt or a 6" comander model to put next to my monitor.

Not the backer exclusives obviosly, but if you did release more stuff you got one garenteed sale (as long as it's not stupidly expensive)
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. siefer101

siefer101 Active Member

So I've been out of the loop what the physical deliverables eta?
  18. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Oh would you looks at that...I'm poor now
  19. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Didn't receive anything yet.
  20. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

are you surprised though?