limited/varied resources

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by noxxed, January 2, 2015.

1. noxxed

noxxed New Member

I think it would be more interesting to play when you have a more vast array of resources and also to ave them limited to some ammout .
    insteed of just needing to provide mental ,you would have to try get a hold on other resources in order to create certain buildings ,upgrade your units etc.
    evilhands likes this.
  2. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Two resources really is all that's needed, honestly.

Managing more than two resources, especially if they were dispersed around the map like metal spots, would be extremely annoying especially while you're managing an attack on one side side of a planet and defending from an attack on the other side of the star system.

Not only that, but the inclusion of something like this would come with inherit balance issues, metal spot placement can already be questionable in regards to balance as the game currently stands, so adding more resource spots would just stockpile onto that.
  3. evilhands

evilhands New Member

4. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

i think a 3rd resource for certain special weapons and units would be pretty cool. i think it should be some kind of liquid that pools around places where A LOT of metals worth of stuff dies, and you could build special refineries for it, i imagine youd try to build some storage and gobble up more than your enemy before the pools gone, and since its so limited and only used for certain things youre income of it would usually be 0, so spending it would be a serious descision. i see the lack of super units being a limiting factor.
    as was that massive run-on sentance.
  5. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Lol what if around each planet were authorization nodes, and you would have to construct and maintain a structure on them that allowed you to have a certain number of units or a certain number of fabbers. Am I suggesting put this in the game?

Dear lord, no. But it'd make a cool mod. It would look like an umbrella on a hill.
  6. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

It would be cool to see that like having to create a plasma generator (which would be a vary expensive generator of plasma energy) for like Halleys or Catalysts so that you just don't rush them down and make it impossible to stop but that seems like a really cool mod idea than a implemented idea :)
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

it would be even more difficult with this scale, so no, thx!
    g0hstreaper likes this.