Request: Make com explosion more epic

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bengeocth, December 31, 2014.

1. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Make the mushroom cloud last around 2-3 mins. Don't make it keep hurting stuff, that would be lame, but make the explosion and fire last much longer.
    xankar likes this.
  2. xankar

xankar Post Master General

And give it some more flair!
    christer1966 and tehtrekd like this.
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

It shouldn't be longer, it should be more epic but the video that xankar showed with flare would be better.
    xankar likes this.
  4. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Very much this.
    Punchy sound effects, brighter flash, all things that would be freaking awesome.
    xankar likes this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

no flash, and shaking those are very annoying in a multicomm match
  6. xankar

xankar Post Master General

I think it adds to the feel of annihilation
  7. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

My biggest issue with the comm explosion is that any building in your base with an exploding comm in it doesn't even bat an eyelid in the subtle breeze.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Agreed, I know comm bombing but seriously... When a commander goes off, I'd like it to actually do damage. Immense damage, maybe even enough to kill another Comm.

Armour values, bleh.
  9. nateious

nateious Active Member

Same here, I miss TA's Commander explosion kills everything. Does PA allow explosions to have damage fall off based on distance? Maybe a small kill everything blast radius that drops off quick enough to not make comm bombing so effective.

It's so annoying when I lose an army to the commander explosion but none of the buildings next to the commander even take a scratch :p

Alternatively, buff defenses enough to make comm bombing harder to do in the early game.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Yes it does allow damage fall off, in fact if you notice the damage to units actually fallows the shockwave, which is fun. :)
    stuart98 and nateious like this.
  11. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Ant4Lyf released.

It's relevant because a screenshot shows what the comm explosion should be like [​IMG]
  12. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I played supcom. They had it right. A com explosion signified the end of an army, the end of a huge machine, the end of you. I still think this when I play PA- the com is me. And when I die or kill someone else, I want to go out with some pizazz or feel the feeling of killing someone else. Show me the truth of when I destroy a commander- what immense amount of machinery have just been shut down and doomed to self destruct, becoming mere relics and discarded trash.
    xankar likes this.
  13. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

The explosion needs
    [​IMG]
    stuart98, igncom1 and bengeocth like this.
  14. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

For some reason, I always wanted slow motion for endgame (last) comm explosion.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

A necessary evil I fear, otherwise it doesn't matter whether you destroy the enemy comm or not once they're inside your base. Not an issue in 1v1, but a big problem in shared army team games.