EMP Cannon (+ EMP SECTION OVERALL)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kolosal98, December 26, 2014.

?

Would you like to see this building in game?

Poll closed January 26, 2015.
  1. Yes, it's ok as it is.

42.2%
  2. Yes, but it needs changes.

46.7%
  3. No, even after changes.

2.2%
  4. No.

8.9%
  1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Commanders shoot back.
  2. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

It's Cinema 4D 64bit Version
    squishypon3 likes this.
  3. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

Yes they shoot and that would be one of balance things.. If it would switch off commanders as well so it would be overpowered :p
    stonewood1612 likes this.
  4. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

Will devs make T3 as well? Cause EMP section (by my opinion) would be perfect for this.
  5. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

(doubled post sorry)
  6. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Good point. Maybe EMP on commander prevents it from using Ubercannon? Maybe some units (T2) are more resilient and only get immobilized temporarily from EMP, while weak units and buildings get completely shut down for a few seconds.

Talking about seconds, how long should the effect last? I was thinking of 30 seconds on structures (since factories can't move or shoot, shorter time wouldn't be worth sacrificing T2 units over enemy air defenses in their base), less than 10 on T1 units, 5 seconds on T2 units. That is, if the effect doesn't stack up with multiple hits.

Another good thing to know is that the bombers fire once or lay down a carpet of smaller bombs. Either should have a splash radius. I think once might be the best, and the most stunning to look at. Zap!
  7. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

I think it's good idea. But I would switch T1 timer with T2 :p
  8. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I don't think a T3 is ever going to be in the game, but these models are very well done. Do you do textures as well?
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

They're very nice, but also a little different- design wise.
  10. Going4Quests

Going4Quests Active Member

I always found the EMP that you had to capture in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars interesting. As a question: would EMP also insta kill all aircrafts? In Command & Conquer EMP insta killed all airplanes in the range of the attack seeing they fall of and crash.
  11. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

Yes I do
  12. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

Some % of crash landing and capture :D If no they'll just fall on the ground and destroy.
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The thing with the TW3 EMP, is that once it could destroy units, it kinda stopped being a EMP and more of electro magnetic cannon.

Which is kinda against the point.
  14. psyk323

psyk323 Member

Honestly, I thought that EMP could be used against the halleys or structures instead of going for units. This, ofcorse, would make it a T2 structure. But I like the idea.
  15. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

You are right here, but wouldn't it be a bit of waste if it could hit structures only? I think if it would be REALLY balanced it could work. For example big cost of shoot enough to make sense firing at structures and too high for shooting at units. At least it could just switch them off on the ground and (adding some abstract here) planes could have emergency power so they could just land softly and then after some time getting back to work again :p It just matter on engine possibilities.
    igncom1 likes this.
  16. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

"Death Star" switched off by 4 or 6 powerful EMP cannons would be good, don't you think? :)
  17. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

No.

All, there will be no t3
  18. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

Sad :p I like highly developed tech tree in games :D But I see it's not for this game. At least I guess EMP section could be good addition (maybe for mod? but it's ok as survey says).
  19. kolosal98

kolosal98 Member

If survey will be 35+ for yes so I'll search for someone who'll be able to mod EMP into game :D I can make models.

I'll need someone with:
    • ideas
    • ideas
    • ideas
    And someone who can mod.
    ^^
  20. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Only problem is that currently EMP weapons aren't possible (except for just doing damage) within the engine, so weapons you make atm will just straight up do damage unfortunately.