Public Training Sessions Every Monday!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by reptarking, December 26, 2014.

1. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Hey everyone i'm [RLM]Gandalf and i'm going to host public training sessions every monday. At 1700 UTC im going to have just Uber vs Uber matches streamed through my twitch or any other persons twitch to showcase high-level play. Starting at 1800 UTC Coaches that are Uber/Platinum level will separate off into groups with trainees and start.

So if you want to be a coach please say your rank tier and rank inside that tier and your ingame screen name.
    You don't need to be there every Monday but it would be nice to get some regular people there to help out.(Uber Tier, Rank 16)

If you want coaching and are gold-bronze please post your ingame name and rank tier and rank inside that tier. (Gold Tier, Rank 60)

I will be dividing coaches up into pairs of two with all the trainees into there different groups, the reason to have all the coaches in groups of two is because Coach 1 will play vs a training player while Coach 2 is spectating with all the other training players in there group and talks about what is happening and takes notes to talk about to the training individual that is in the game vs coach 1.

List of Coaches:
    [RLM]Gandalf Uber Tier, Rank 26
    (P)cdrkf Uber Tier, Rank 25
    (P)Jonasmod Unranked atm
    (P)BattleBear Uber Tier, Rank 9
    CaptainConundrum Uber Tier, Rank N/A
    (P)HeadCrab Uber Tier, Rank 48
    [BRN]Dom Uber Tier, Rank 47

List of Trainees :
    Xankar Platinum Tier, Rank 5
    TowerBabbel Gold Tier, Rand 66
    [SC]§CLASSIFIED Silver Tier, Rank 7
    Tunsel11 Gold Tier, Rank N/A
    Aaligoa23a. Gold Tier, Rank 20
    [RLM]SCAF Gold Tier, Rank N/A
    Last edited: December 29, 2014
  2. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

Heyo! Still gotta figureout my actual rank but would love to help when I do:)
    reptarking likes this.
  3. xankar

xankar Post Master General

I want some coaching (Platinum Tier, Rank 5)
    reptarking likes this.
  4. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Cool event Gandalf, I will show up whenever I have time. Currently unranked and haven't played much 1v1 lately, but was in top 20 on the pastats list a few months ago.
    reptarking likes this.
  5. towerbabbel

towerbabbel Active Member

I desperately need some coaching. (Gold Tier, Rand 66)
    reptarking likes this.
  6. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Well, I'm only silver, but you personally saw my skill. I'll leave it up to you if you want me. Gold tier, rank 300somethenanother [SC]§CLASSIFIED
    Last edited: December 29, 2014
    reptarking likes this.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hi, well can't do anything this Monday but I'd be happy to train a bit, or be trained myself for that matter (as my builds aren't really that efficient, I tend to make up for that by using what I've got fairly well).

In game name (P)cdrkf
    Rank 25 uber (as of the 25th/12/14).
    reptarking likes this.
  8. reptarking

sweet thankyou everyone so far for signing up! really hope we can get more people interested
  9. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Im not sure but I think I can make it aswell next monday.

(P)BattleBear
    Uber Rank 9
    cdrkf and reptarking like this.
  10. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I'll help if people want it. I'm not the best ever but I'm sure I have some advice to offer.
    elodea, cdrkf, xankar and 1 other person like this.
  11. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

can i haz couching pls, (uber, rank 47)
  12. aaligoa23a

aaligoa23a New Member

I would like some coaching, my name is aaligoa23a. Gold tier, rank 20
  13. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I could do some coaching for bronze to gold players. But i would also gladly receive some coaching from other uber players ranked higher and better than me :p I am currently ranked 48 in uber i think.
    reptarking and cdrkf like this.
  14. reptarking

Alright so currently we have 7 Coaches and 5 Trainees so at 1700 UTC tomorrow this will start, please everyone involved be in #Planetaryannihilation in IRC also add me and the other coaches ingame if you can.

I will be allowing anyone to just show up that wants to that is not signed up here, also @cdrkf @cwarner7264 @burntcustard @dom314 is anyone okay with using there respective voice chats for this event on a weekly schedule?
  15. theofalip

theofalip New Member

I need coaching, [RLM]SCAF, gold rank idk
    -ill get my rank to you soon just playfab is having issues logging me in tonight, which is odd because that has never happened before
    cptconundrum likes this.
  16. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That's a Steam problem right now. You can run Steam in offline mode or launch PA.exe directly and then log in with your playfab id.
    elodea likes this.
  17. cdrkf

Hi, just a fyi as I mentioned in my initial post unfortunately I'm not available today, however I'll hopefully be about next week.

As for the voice chat, no problems people using the promethean team speak for this. I'll add details here later. I think @cmdrflop and @rivii may be available today for coaching?
  18. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

IIRC the Promethean Teamspeak has a limit of 25 simultaneous users, so if this event gets bigger we cannot ONLY use the Promethean Teamspeak. This doesn't mean that we cannot use it for now though, just a heads up.
  19. cdrkf

Yeah I think it's really more for people were training. RLM, BRN and so on all have voice services too. We could defiantly host a couple of sessions at a time (proposed format is 2 trainers to one pupil) if they don't have an alternative without impacting on other promethean players though I'm sure.
  20. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I believe it's only 20 users atm, I set it up when the clan was brand new so didn't see the need for any more.

With the clan growing fast and more community events though like this it might be worth expanding it, the subscription runs out soon anyway so if anyone wanted to chip in I could easily up it to 40 slots.

Anyway, sorry for slight off topic, I might well show up to be trained sometime, can't remember my rank as I'm on holiday but think I'm somewhere at the top of gold... Although seeing as most of the coaches are prometheans it hardly seems worth it ;)
    cdrkf likes this.
  21. julien119

julien119 Member

There may only be an hour till it starts but I'll show up. Julien Gold Ranked 102