PA.EXE

Discussion in 'Support!' started by smartsw, December 27, 2014.

1. smartsw

smartsw New Member

Hello , I bought the game. At the beginning of the battle PA.EXE an error and the game freezes . Help please .

Attached Files:

2. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Hi,
    This is likely your issue.
    Try to install newest AMD drivers (Omega) and see if it's better.

Also, noticed your language is set to Russian. I think PA doesn't really like Cyrillic characters in Windows username, if that's your case. They might have fixed that since, I don't really know.
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Just to add to this, get your drivers directly from www.amd.com rather than trying to get from another source.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  4. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

OK im having the exact same problem and im sooo upset, the game crashes usually upon startup or in game and says PA.exe has stopped working.... Ok so i just made my first Dxdiag so i don't know if its done correct but here it is

Attached Files:

5. Fr33Lancer

Hi,
    Same recommendation :
    Go there and take the 64 bits version
  6. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

It didn't allow me to download the driver saying, "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer, please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer." Idek... Do you know what this means cause i sure dont...
  7. Fr33Lancer

Hum, I'm not really sure why.

In this situation, I would try to uninstall previous Intel hd gpu driver and then install the one from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329

Do you have an entry in Control Panel / Programs related to Intel HD Graphics or similar ? That would be the one to uninstall.

Alternatively, you may wait for anyone else's stronger advice / expertise ;)
  8. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

I just hate it when i get a game, pay for it, wait for it to download and then its just broken....
  9. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

Ok, i went to Sony's site, looked for Vaio, found my model and all its drivers sooo.... I should be good!
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. cdrkf

The drivers on their site may not be fully up to date though they will be easiest option. Try their updated driver first, if that doesn't work then I'm happy to give you details of how to make the driver direct from Intel install properly.
  11. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

well. I downloaded literally every single driver that Vaio had under my computer's model and nope, still doesn't work.... so now i wanna do it your way. It's a last resort at this point cause I have no idea what to do now....
  12. cdrkf

Ok, it isn't so bad :)

First, download the latest Intel driver directly from their website from the following link:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329

Choose the '.zip' version as the standard installer wont work due to your machine being a laptop (even though it is correct).

Then you need to follow the instructions listed here:
    http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-030331.htm

Note the above is for Windows XP however the principal is the same. Essentially all you need to do is:

1: Unzip the driver package into a folder where you can easily find it later (e.g. create a folder called 'Driver' on your desktop then unzip it in there).

2: Go into control panel (you can find this at the bottom of 'PC Settings' from the RH menu in Windows 8 if I remember correctly) and then open Device manager.

3: Under the 'Graphics Adapter' section right click on your graphics card (should be listed as HD4000) and choose update driver. Then use the options as shown in the link I gave you to manually choose the zip driver you've downloaded rather than looking automatically.

4: The driver *should* install correctly- and after doing that PA should work fine.
    Clopse likes this.
  13. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

THANX M8 if this works i luv u!
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

Well. It says that I already have that driver, i must have downloaded it at the Vaio site.... It still crashes regardless and, it says sometimes that i don't have enough memory and then it closes PA.... I reopened it and monitored my memory with task manager and it peaked at around 67% before it crashed which seems odd because i have 5.88 gigs of ram. It goes from 30 odd percent and then skyrockets to the 60's... I just did it again but with Skype and Youtube playing and it peaked at 69% again when it crashed. Prior to the crash it was sitting at 60 and then hit 69-70%. I'm at a loss here because the computer was saying that it was out of memory before but now once i did it twice more and it didn't even come close to maxing out :/. I know that i have the proper drivers but the game still crashes regardless... I'm going to run some PC care programs and bit-defender and see if that does anything, if not then i guess i'm not playing PA...
  15. cdrkf

Just to check, can you please upload a new dxdiag with the updated driver. It sounds odd that your machine is crashing at 70% memory usage. PA uses quite a bit for bigger maps but it would max it & use page file before crashing in my experience...

Edit, @SXX do you have that list of incompatible software? it could be something on there causing this issue...
  16. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

Here is the DxDiag M8.

Attached Files:

17. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Your problem caused by outdated drivers:
    Code:
              Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
         Driver Version: 9.17.10.2817
       Driver Date/Size: 8/22/2012 05:44:58, 8281600 bytes
    To update drivers download and install "win64_153330.exe" from Intel website:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329&lang=eng&ProdId=3711

If you get "not validated for this computer" error download ZIP version of driver from same page and then install it using this instruction:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558749190911446231/
  18. thetsandwhich

thetsandwhich New Member

thanx man, finally got it working!
    DeathByDenim and cdrkf like this.