Uber hosted servers with level caps

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by The Laughing Man, February 13, 2011.

1. The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man New Member

I love this game, but when I started out, I was getting SMASHED. Luckily, I'm patient by nature and could see that I was still enjoying myself (I am level like 75 or something now, so I broke out of the beatdown stage). One of my friends (whom I had given one of my 4-pack copies too) was so frustrated that he just uninstalled. I know that's not typical, but I think it would help a majority of the newbies if they were pointed to some kind of capped servers to start out on.

I know there would be issues with sufficient population, but I think it would help those with the short fuses. Not all low levels are bad, but a lot are.
  2. Sakeriel

Sakeriel New Member

It would make sense. However, level is no remote indication of skill in this game simply due to the background in FPS games the PC has and most unfortunately, those PC games tend to breed deathmatchers instead of team players. This wouldn't help a newcomer learn the game.

The only way to really get better at the game is to play against people that are a challenge to you. I can say for myself, running against players I know are far better than I am has gotten me leagues better than when I started in a short time. That and watching Dove and Xeno's vids almost religiously.
  3. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

Like for instance,

I would of never known you can get on top of Spunky Cola Glass walls/fences with Gunner and mortar the entire enemy side freely if I hadn't seen some higher level/skilled guy doing it in the first place. You always learn a new tactic to counter these type of players & benefit yourself. :) (Seeing as there is no sniper)
  4. Musica

Musica New Member

if people cant handle the beat down they take to learn then I'm not sure why they are playing. I love playing against better players than me challenges you make you better and trains you to give the beatings out :p/

I would like to limit my server to not let on UNDER level 30s or something that way people who play will know the game and matches shouldn't be one sided from people not knowing how to play.

I can see the argument here and I think its valid but make it work both ways higher levels not playing with lowers and lower level not playing with higher levels and make it obviously optional.