Help please: how do I update?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by aidanofvt, December 24, 2014.

1. aidanofvt

aidanofvt New Member

When I boot up the game I get a a message saying I need to update. I can click 'later' and get into the game; play single player and play with my brother via LAN, but if I try online play it tells me that no servers are available for my build. Restart the game; restart Steam; nothing. How can I get the game to update? And, on a somewhat unrelated note, how large was the latest update (in mb)?
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

3. aidanofvt

aidanofvt New Member

Here's the deal: I have a download limit on my internet. I have to download games at my library and then move them onto my rig. I downloaded the launcher, but when I try to verify (I already moved the files into the folder) it just starts downloading. How can I get it to see that the game is already there?
  4. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

If you just have the launcher, the game is not downloaded. The launcher will have to verify the files that are there, and make them match to what they are supposed to be.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I doubt that the steam free launcher and steam can use the same installation of the game. If you have the game in steam you might have some success with that steam function to backup games.
    PA itself can be copied around at will once you have it installed, so just find the installation directory and move it around. Steam probably won't like that though, the launcher from Uber is fine with it.
    Updates usually are between 50 and 500mb.