Use the In-Game Community Mods - Cross Platform PA Mod Manager (PAMM) is Obsolete

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Mereth, May 24, 2014.

1. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

you have to start PA at least once for PAMM to find you where it's located by analysing logs. But it's not a mandatory feature, mods will works fine even if you don't start PA from PAMM.
  2. linea

linea New Member

Well, if I start this programm - all i get is the error Sorry but there was an error:

That's it. Anybody with the same problem? I started as admin, the game-path is right.
  3. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

A screenshot may help to diagnose.
  4. linea

linea New Member

Well, here is a short video. The credentials are 100% ! correct, but PAMM says they are wrong. But look for yourself.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B2lJAhey79OYamlWOWhBc21KSUE/view
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Looks like a network error. Can you access the following page: http://pamods.github.io/news.html ?
    Also check if PAMM is being blocked by a firewall.
    linea likes this.
  6. linea

linea New Member

Yes, I can access the website, but indeed I've got some network problems here and I it takes way to long to load the site (and others) (takes about 35+ seconds). I think the timeout hits in and give me that error. (Proxy does not help, cause my Provider is overloaded at christmas time :-/ )

I think I just have to wait for a better network here. I will respond again, if it gonna works. But thank you very much for your answer.
  7. battlestarsc2

battlestarsc2 New Member

This is a great MM. So sad that it whitescreens after briefly showing the news menu. Only uninstalling PA and the MM and then reinstalling do I get any success at fixing it, and then after playing one GW I have the same issue. And I can access the pamods github news link in an instant.
    Edit: Now it's worse. I rebooted and it stayed up for a few seconds (as opposed to .1) and then it whitescreens again. Nothing. So sad.
    Last edited: January 3, 2015
  8. battlestarsc2

battlestarsc2 New Member

Well, That makes it work, but not update to 1.0.2., and I don't have a github acc. should I get one?
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I actually I have my own problem now, the cheats are no longer shown in the server mods tab. I can't enable or disable create unit because they aren't there.
  10. Failikeapro

Failikeapro New Member

can't launch planetary annihilation with atom shell mod manager when I start the game with the mod manager nothing happens
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

You don't need to start it via the mod manager, it should work by configuring via pamm and then starting PA in any other way.
  12. jouboi

jouboi New Member

What's UP!!!!! Love the game, Love the mods, Love the manager. Being new to this I was initially surprised at the amount of support the community provides each other (bravo everyone).
    Getting to the point, I'm having issues with PAMM. For some reason I'm not able to launch PA through PAMM since the most recent PAMM update. Now a couple of days later I find that my mods aren't loading as well :(

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing PAMM, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mods.
    Pretty sure I'm missing the most obvious/simple (to those who are above my knowledge) fix. Any help would be awesome.
  13. themak

themak New Member

Loving PAMM, great work on it. I have two suggestions for additional options under “Show Only:” These are Show Enabled Only and Show Disabled Only. It would make it easier to see what mods are enabled/disabled. Thanks.
  14. battlestarsc2

battlestarsc2 New Member

@jouboi what is your issue? Is it whitescreening? I had to delete resize.js in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\pamm\resources\app_backup\assets\js
  15. meta1203

meta1203 New Member

I just got busted reading a EULA!
  16. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

Um PAMM service is down for me? is it for other people? i cant load available mod list
  17. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Is the PAMM server offline?

503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  18. nick2k

nick2k Active Member

I'm getting the same thing, was gonna see if it was just me :p

edit: working now for me :D
  19. withfriend2

withfriend2 New Member

Same as the guys above me, not able to connect to the server

Edit: It's good now
  20. sigmud2

sigmud2 Member

For some reason, it is showing that thre are extra mods in a specific filter. (Not for all, but for some) Maybe it is just me but who knows. Take for example the Commanders show only filter. If you go and click on all for show only (1) and then go and see that there are 4 commander mids in the show only commanders filter I see only 1 of these (the able progenitor skin) I am not sure if it has to do with server side hidden mods (like possibly League of Commanders?) but I for sure am only abe to see one commander skin.
    Nvm, it seems that it includes server mods to the filter status.