A bad nuke problem that NEEDS to be fixed

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by enderdude, December 22, 2014.

1. enderdude

enderdude Member

Im not sure if this is a bug or its meant to be in the game, but it shouldn't.

Me and my friend were doing a classic 1v1, i got pushed off the planet onto a metal planet for myself, i set up 3 Anti-Nukes all full with missiles. i see four "a nuke has been fired message" on the top of my screen, i think nothing of it as my nukes should take all of them down. Short story, they dont. the nukes entered the atmosphere right above the anti nukes. As soon as they did, ALL 3 anti-nukes shot 1 missile EACH at one nuke, the second nuke entered, same thing, they all shot 1 anti-nuke (total of 3) at 1 nuke, third missile came in and they did it again. By the time the fourth missile came in, i had no anti nukes, and the fourth nuke struck the commander, thus causing myself to "capitulate." I am pretty sure this isnt meant to be in the game, i checked the search bar and there was nothing for it so i made a new thread, i just want to get ubers attention with this so that this problem doesnt happen to make people quit PA (because some people rage over this stuff), i know i wont quit.
  2. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

This happened to me as well and agree with what you said :D Moders! FIX!
  3. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

It has already been discussed in a thread here

Tldr; there is no centralized anti-nuke system, each building working independently.
    As far as I know, this game logic ain't moddable and is server side.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

That means the nukes were in range of all the anti nukes. This never used to be a problem since nukes would hit the planet after they travel a small distance in the air.

This can't be fixed unless Uber reverts back to the old nuke landing or adds extra functions to how anti nukes work.
  5. enderdude

enderdude Member

would changing antinukes to detecting a nuke when it gets launched make a difference? Like a buddy system, this anti-nuke goes with that nuke and so on, it decides which one to launch at when it gets launched. Though it could just be over complicated adding that, theres probably a better way.
  6. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

no, the game just needs to check how many antinukes with a missile ready are in range of the incoming nuke, then randomly pick one to fire, and repeat.
  7. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Should have this fixed soon.
    ndm250, pieman2906, cptusmc and 15 others like this.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Does this mean overkill with all units will be fixed? Ex: All my tanks won't fire at one enemy they'll spread their fire.
    cybrankrogoth likes this.
  9. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Nope. This fix is specific to anti-projectile weapons.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Dang alright, one can dream. :(

Do you think it'd be possible some time in the future though? :)
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

This should also help with the shield - the main issue I had with GIL-E anti-projectile weapons was their terribad targeting priorities :D
    squishypon3 likes this.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

13. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

What about anti nukes missing nukes and then dancing in the air for minutes?
    Happens a lot, especially on smaller planets (250 and less)
  14. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Speaking of, antinuke, destroying a founding tradition, should honestly be a beam weapon anyway. That way, the nuke may come into range of all 3 at once, but if 1 beam obliterates it there is a slim chance the other 2 won't react fast enough and will be spared the expensive ammo.
    ef32 likes this.
  15. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

This, in theory, could solve my problem as well.