Should land factories and units be scaled down?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by wafletofles, December 17, 2014.

?

Should land units and factories be scaled down?

1. Scale down units land!

75.0%
  2. Keep it the same!

25.0%
  1. psyk323

psyk323 Member

I have the same opinion as some of you to scale down the units a bit becase, if I recall correctly, back in the alpha stage of development the scale of the units seemed to be correct compared with the celestial bodies, and that just made the game look better overall. Now though it seems out of place.
  2. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Speaking of scale to celestial bodies ...
    Sadly no planet, because you wouldn't see anything that we can build in PA on that. But since some smaller celestial bodies had their media coverage, I thought it would be fun to do this.
    This is a picture of the comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko, it's diameter is between 2 and 4 km, depending on where you put your ruler. From the kickstarter pictures we know the scale of the units, and that a vehicle factory should be somewhere around 30x30 meters.
    The black dot with the red circle is bolder that has roughly the dimensions of 15x15 meters (assuming 4000m/570px and 2px width) , so a vehicle factory wouldn't be much bigger on that picture, left alone a vehicle by itself.
    rosetta_chury_scale.jpg
    Image credit: ESA/Rosetta/MPS for OSIRIS Team MPS/UPD/LAM/IAA/SSO/INTA/UPM/DASP/IDA
    (http://sci.esa.int/multimedia-gallery/30913-multimedia-archive/?t=1012)

Although it would be fun to actually play on a real model of Churyumov ;)
    Twinstar and optimi like this.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Apparently there is a 3d model, so it could be done, if someone could figure out how to convert it into a PA brush.
    squishypon3 and crizmess like this.
  4. Twinstar

Twinstar Active Member

yes pls!! Just yes pls!