What do the levels of Support Hacks actually do?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Scopi314, August 13, 2010.

1. Scopi314

Scopi314 New Member

So what happens to a turret when a Support hacks it? I gather that the X.3 hack increases firing rate, but does it have any other effects? Do all the hacks increase firing rate, or do the X.1 and X.2 do something else?
  2. Necroscourge

Necroscourge New Member

All hacks, from what I can tell increase firing speed only. I honestly don't know anything more. What I do know is L3 Hack and L3 FB are a insane, mighty combo. I really however want to yell at supports who don't keep longshots hacked. That speed bonus is vital to push lanes.
  3. Black Dragon

Black Dragon New Member

Range is increased, the total time spent to complete the hack is reduced at each level and you can also hack enemy turrets at level 2. Rate of fire is only increased at level 3.
  4. Scopi314

Scopi314 New Member

I suspected X.1 increased range, from watching a Lazer turret I hacked. But what does X.2 do to a friendly turret? Nothing?

I've never tried hacking a enemy turret. How do you keep it from aggro-ing all over you? Will it prioritize nearby robots first?
    Last edited: August 13, 2010
  5. metalsnake27

metalsnake27 New Member

Level 2 increases turret range, level 3 increases its fire rate.

Hacking enemy turrets puts them on your side as well as giving them whatever level hack you have.
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Also don't forget once you get to level 2 that you can hack enemy turrets and take them over!
  7. nailhead04

nailhead04 New Member

The only thing i can think of to get to enemy turrets is get a tank or assassin to stun it. Or sneak in while someone else has its attention. I have yet to successfully do this but try ofter lol.
  8. cazoofoo

cazoofoo New Member

Oooh, didn't know you could hack enemy turrets...(A bit thick of me considering it is actually called "hack").

I'm assuming to do this you would need some sort of distraction such as bots first though.
  9. Try2Die

Try2Die New Member

Worst part about that is, I didn't know you could hack your own turrets :oops: Thought it was just for hacking enemy turrets. A good way to hack an enemy turret by yourself is to throw down a firebase (L2+ recommended). The turret views your firebase as the main threat and then you can hack it safely w/o support from a tank, assassin, or other bots.
  10. SaintJ

SaintJ New Member

You should add me, BDSaint13713. First thing I do is go to a Turret, make a long shot, immediately hack it.
  11. elaeth

elaeth New Member

Jackbots are also great at distracting turrets, or if you're fast enough, a decent group of blackjacks.

And about longshots, I don't hack longshots THAT ARE OBVIOSULY NOT DOING ANYTHING DUE TO LINE OF SIGHT OBSTRUCTIONS. Christ I hate it when people do that.
  12. SaintJ

SaintJ New Member

Oh man, good point. When you throw down a fire base at bots they direct their attention to the firebase and away from their original target. It is definitely pulls threat (MMO reference).
  13. SaintJ

SaintJ New Member

It's not really a line of sight obstruction. They have the target, they just can't shoot over anything.
  14. MikeLanglois

MikeLanglois New Member

Same, people building a longshot underneath a pathway is a pain, especially since you cant sell them.

(Can you? :oops:)