Favorite pros/players to have as teammates?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Decker87, February 13, 2011.

1. Decker87

Decker87 New Member

I've been complimented a few times for being a good teammate (I play support).

I love being surrounded by intelligent assault players: mobile enough to bring the fight, smart enough to notice that gunner shooting at him for the last 5 minutes. Slow enough for me to overheal.

Who do you like to play?
  2. vortexcontinuum

vortexcontinuum Active Member

I just love it when we have competent Assassins and Assaults. You can literally kill the enemy Sniper in five seconds without taking any damage. Why the hell aren't you doing it?
  3. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

For a newbie I pull my weight as an assault but having a competent assassin helping me push the line and take down rocket turrets is awesome.
  4. Future Tense

Future Tense New Member

As assault, I like having a solid support with gun to cover behind me and I return the favor with killing anything too big for them to handle and protect their gun.
  5. tinygod

tinygod New Member

IMO you have to have:

1) a bot killer
    2) a turret killer
    3) a position holder (can keep control of mid)
    4) a pro killer (usually the mid holder is in this role)

so

1) Assassin
    2) Assassin
    3) Assault
    4)Assault

so yeah, I like having assaults and assassin on my team lol..

when they are good they can make the game so much better.
  6. GheP

GheP New Member

I play Tank, so I appreciate good Snipers (on my team) and Assassins because they are the best for taking out OTHER Snipers who make my life impossible as a Tank.

I also like playing with Supports who wait for me to rocket back behind a corner and then heal me.
  7. G3722

G3722 Member

Although i love having good Gunners and/or Assaults at my side helping me with bot lanes and enemy turrets, i have to admit that i'm starting to really like having one or even two good support players on my team.

Good supports are able to deploy "safe zones" in the middle of the battlefield where one can catch a small break to recover, or to bait an opponent into following you into a trap, plus good overall teams with good supports have an great ability at closing in and trapping opponents at their own bases.
  8. Battlecake

Battlecake New Member

I love having a Grimbar on my team, so he doesn't shoot me in the face repeatedly. Also has the positive effect that he shoots enemy snipers and other stuff in the face :)
  9. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

I like having players who can read the battle flow, such as "Nows the chance to push!" or "Time to defend" at appropriate times, and take golden opportunity's that pose no threat. I tend to see players far to often, if it's a clear lane to the enemy turrets, NOT go for the turrets. Theres no pro's in the way, theres no bots in the way, its just the enemy's turrets... And they don't take that opportunity, no instead they go to the other lane where chaos havocs the battlefield. Oh well, each to their own playstyle I guess. Also I like to have supports who actually heal once in a while, its fine if they don't want to go dangling on your tail healing you constantly, I just wish they would pay attention once in a while when people's health is low. :)
  10. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

5 good pushers/slayers and a support that is worth a ****.

Win.
  11. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Supports that actually heal/overheal you. WHY DO YOU RUN PAST ME WITH YOUR SHOTGUN OUT YOU SIOFJGdsnhdjwsj
  12. FB Zombie Chaos

Exactly!! Nothing makes me rage more than that.
  13. Mail

Mail New Member

I've had people react that way when in truth I'm attempting to save their life from an assassin or run back to base and save a turret or run over to that guy who's currently under fire to give him a health boost or nab the annihilator etc etc etc.

I heal whenever I get the chance, though.
  14. FB Zombie Chaos

I am trying to heal someone in a large group of bots, and my heal gun attaches it self to a **** slimbot... :(
  15. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

^What that guy said.

I had a match yesterday on Spunk Cola where I was pushing the bots as Assault and an Assassin on my team uncloaks behind the much larger opposing group of droids and helps me wipe them out.

I'm ecstatic as now I know I have some kind of help but thats not all. When we got to the opposing base our team has already taken out all the obstructive turrets and there was a support who upon getting the shields down set up a Firebase infront of the objective and started overhealing us. It would have been done then and there if it werent for a juiced Assassin and an juiced Gunner.

A Support that is always checking his steamates health is a good one.
  16. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

I mean the guys that jump around with their Shotgun out, stopping occasionally to overheal their Firebase. I play Support like I play Medic in that other game - overheal everything that runs past while keeping one heavy constantly topped up.
  17. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

All supports should heal while doing their job. Anywho, you and mclovin should add me for PC. I'll try to add you guys.
  18. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I like Supports that heal, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IF I'M CLOAKED AND FULLY HEALED PLEASE DON'T HEAL ME.

That aside, my favorite teammates are heavies. They can pretty much lock down an area, and act as good bait while I assassinate anyone who goes after them. Having a Gunner or Tank in my lane makes it so much easier to push it all the way back to the enemy base.
  19. FB Zombie Chaos

I have always wondered if sins want to be healed while cloked, but running away from bots or pros.
  20. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Typically I will not want to be healed. If I'm cloaked with low health and standing right next to you, then by all means go ahead and heal me. But if I'm running away from a pro who obviously does not see me, then I don't want to be healed, even if I have low health.