Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well I'm still about. :p

Btw, me and battlebear are both generals (and you are I think, lol)...
  2. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Alrighty guys, I'm off early tomorrow morning, so will probably have no internet for the next 2 weeks.

Make sure you keep an eye on this sub-forum for any fresh blood, although I know cdrkf and headcrab already check as much as me :)

See you in 2 weeks!
    cdrkf likes this.
  3. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

what, when did you become generals? Nobody told me of this :confused:
  4. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Organization. We have it.

No, srsly, this is why we need an updated web site. I'm thinking of making a demo of how I think the web site should look like. I think it's currently too... much? I mean we basically need two lines stating the TS-credentials, a link to the PrometheanPA twitch stream, one feed for news, one list of active members and one "About"-text. We could fit that in on one page.
    Last edited: December 15, 2014
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Since when @rivii updated the banners... everyone who has that little crown thing is an "officer" / "general" / "insert important title of your choosing here" :p
  6. lapsedpacifist

Cool! I never noticed that before, I have a crown yay.

Currently at the airport. Just hit 30 hours without sleep. Only obsessively checking these forums is keeping me alert. Website can be slimmed down a lot, I have editing privileges and guess I might be able to grant them to you guys? I'd have to work out how when I get back but if you haven't sorted it by then I'll try. Although I think Headcrab might be an admin as well.
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

So I am studying for a final (procrastinating, that is) and couldn't sit still, so I threw together a quick and ugly website as I imagine it. We'll of course let someone with design skills design it, but this is what I was thinking of. I stole the header image from the current site.

https://sites.google.com/site/ademoforpromethean/

What do you think?
    evilhands likes this.
  8. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

I like it. But i still think there should be a page for vids and a page for inclan tournaments (and other events) that already have passed so we can see all the stuff promethean has done. We could also on that same page have the rankings. Which wasn't a bad idea , but kinda was forgotten about last time. I also don't know if all active members are going to fit in there that easily so maybe put that in a seperate page too?

This requires some more work ofcourse and if nobody has the time we should maybe just do what jonas suggested :D

Edit:
    OK, Jonas dream was fulfilled and the clan agreed to use his site instead of the old one.

This is amazing news as it allows for you, the members and new recruits, to get a quick overview of what The Promethean is and what is up.

+1 for story
    mishtakashi and jonasmod like this.
  9. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

The page is currently very short, I was thinking of letting it grow downwards with data. I think it will look reasonable even with a long player-list.

The feed in the middle shows the 5 latest posts, so I thought it could replace our history if someone wrote something short after every/some events (like we usually do on this thread anyway). What I mean is that people often write a "Good job in clan wars"-post, and one of those could go on the feed on the website, effectively forming a history as well as a news-feed. The posts about the in-clan tourneys could also contain the results.

The reason I didn't include videos was because I don't know anyone regularly recording them. We could just make sure to include youtube-links to some relevant news feed-posts (i.e. those about clan wars fixtures).
  10. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

ah, right. So you're also going to make a past events button just like the view more button under News?

I guess we could just make a uber forums thread for any vids or recorded streams we are going to post.
  11. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Dunno about the button. I don't know very much about web development, I just know how to get a basic site up. The button you're talking about is added by Google Sites, and links you to the mandatory Announcements page.

We can discuss everything on Wednesday, I assume.
  12. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Last edited: December 18, 2014
    evilhands likes this.
  13. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

it is good except for that it needs to be more symmetrical :p

Edit: Also we don't need the active players page and the rankings page. When i update the rankings page we can probably remove the active player page
    Last edited: December 19, 2014
    jonasmod likes this.
  14. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Hey, promethean peeps! I'd love to challenge you in a 2v2! add me on steam (username: bengeocth, display name: CLASSIFIED)
  15. evilhands

evilhands New Member

Main page:
    Text is good. But the layout looks horrible when im using full screen
    [​IMG]

Announcements:
    Remove the picture or move it to the bottom of the page.

The rest looks good :)
  16. evilhands

evilhands New Member

Bring it on ;) me and @jonasmod happily accept the challenge.
    bengeocth likes this.
  17. bengeocth

okay. add me on steam m8
  18. bengeocth

okay, we can fight in NOW password will be "scvsprom" without quotes of course @evilhands @jonasmod

5 MINS TO JOIN.
    Last edited: December 19, 2014
  19. lapsedpacifist

You know it's the middle of the night for Jonas and killander right?

Website looks good, might want to rejig the members list (I think we can all agree Dionysus is no longer 'web master'). Also maybe put some links up to clan war games in the videos section, the ones up now are painfully old and could probably just be taken down. Also they're mostly of me sucking at mid-beta balance.

We should organise an in-clan tourney soon (when I get back please :) ) so we can get some results on the rankings page and see how it works out.

Layout looks great on my phone, can't try it on desktop.
    jonasmod likes this.
  20. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

I agree. Will keep active players until you've updated rankings. Use internal tourney #1 &#2 for that?

Will look at symmetry.