A case for Lower Resoulutions

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Dwidzor, February 14, 2011.

1. Dwidzor

Dwidzor New Member

I own a Macbook. Not a macbook pro but an early 2009 model of the macbook. After all my game consoles were destroyed in a flood in my basement :( I turned to the only place I had for games my Macbook. At first I used the program crossover to play TF2. Now since not only was the computer low-end, I was emulating it, it ran terrible... at my native resolution. At lowest resolution it ran upwards of 60 fps. Soon I bought a copy of Windows so I could play a wider variety of games. A few days ago I played Dead Space 2. On a macbook. I could becuase at lowest resolution (640 x I forgot) it still looked good and conveyed all the neccesary information to playing. Now I love MNC but I can barely get over 24 fps at any given time and at worst it looks like a slideshow. So all im asking is for some lower resolutions. Please guys?

TL:DR: Lower resolutions are teh roxxorz
  2. Good_Apollo

Good_Apollo New Member

If you can't game at the lowest settings and 640xwhatever res, then you should probably stop playing games on a toaster.

Just sayin'
  3. Dwidzor

Dwidzor New Member

good job not reading the post
  4. Good_Apollo

Good_Apollo New Member

Oh I read it. Stop playing games on a toaster and coming to game forums whining that you can't run them and that they need to create even lower settings.

1. Macs aren't optimized for gaming.
    2. Older Macs really aren't optimized for gaming.
    3. Laptops aren't really optimized for gaming.

That's 3 strikes man.
  5. Dwidzor

Dwidzor New Member

The point is that I dont have enough money for a new computer and i understand that my computer is not optimized. The point I am making that with these lower setting MORE people in general could play the game at a reasonable framerate. Thereby letting more people play the game. Also I dont know what you define as whining but explaining why I would be grateful for lower settings is not whining.
  6. Good_Apollo

Good_Apollo New Member

Just look at it from a reasonable point of view. You are trying to play a modern game on an old computer and you're dissatisfied at it's performance. It's akin to all the kids getting mad that newer games are DX10 and that they can't run it on XP; it's completely ridiculous.
  7. Dwidzor

Dwidzor New Member

I understand that but I'm just saying that lower resolutions would allow more people to play. Almost every other PC game right now has the option to go to a lower resolution and I was wondering why not MNC. I dont have this incredible mind-control power over the MNC developers to control them into doing extra work so that I can get my way, I am only citing why options for lower resolutions would be helpful. Its up to Uber to do what they will Im just saying why Me and many other people would appreciate it.
  8. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

try this:
    goto \Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\HostileGame\Config\HostileGraphicsSettings.ini
    find ScreenPercentage=
    set this to 50 or any lower value
    [​IMG]

This will allow the game to run at higher resolutions and render at half that resolution. Tho honestly being a UE3 game the resolution is likely not going to make it playable its likely cpu bottlenecked.
  9. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

you can set whatever resolution you want

open the console with the ~ key (if macs have that, :lol: )

type "setres 640x480" or whatever resolution you want