If you encounter a level one Laser Turret...

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by NeoCyberman, February 13, 2011.

1. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Do you upgrade it?

I mean, should you leave it for dead and wait to build something useful?
  2. Runie

Runie New Member

You yell at whoever built it and leave it for dead.

Quick Edit: If the enemy has a tank make sure he stays the hell away from it.
  3. Rammite

Rammite New Member

I usually yell at whoever made it for wasting a turret nub, unless we really needed a quick defense.

In which case I yell at whoever made it for not upgrading it.
  4. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

I'll probably yell at them anyways because I'd most likely have the 150 for a rockit.

Seriously. Like, try anything once kids, sure. Build 1 LB. Just one. Then never do it again. Ever.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I let them know that lazorblazors feed juice and waste a turret nub, for the same cost as a rokkit.

Then I might upgrade it to 2 without a hack, and see if I can't lure/bait/troll the neighborhood tank with it.
  6. Lorenzo Von Matter

Lorenzo Von Matter New Member

If it's under attack I will
    If it's an enemy one I usually thing, SWEET FREE MONEY!
  7. Huff

Huff New Member

Lazer Blazers, my favorite turret to sit next to as a tank!
    Well, enemy turret that is. Mueheeeheehaha free juice, free juuuuiceeeee!
  8. Snappyguy

Snappyguy New Member

You evil laugh and headcrab camp the noobs trying to use it.
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I usually think to myself "Ah, what a great exploit spreaded by the forum members. Why can't I be like them one day?"

Then I remember that I get trolled by tight-wads, so I just keep my nose clean.
  10. Esham

Esham New Member

If its 2 i put it to 3 and hope a support hacks it.

If not i don't touch the thing. It can do something at 3.3 but anything else its more a bonus for the other team than a defense.
  11. Waddle Waddle

Waddle Waddle New Member

Did you post twice, in the same topic, saying different thing?

Also, I just ignore it. It'll die eventually, and retards are everywhere, and yelling at them doesn't help.
  12. PezD

PezD New Member

I usually tell my team that LazerBlazers are useless and I hope it gets destroyed so that ANY other turret can be build on it's place.
  13. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Lazer blazers are so underated.

lvl 3 hacked = amazing.. lvl 3 unhacked = free juice..

you gotta get that hack in.. than they are usefull..

its like a lvl 3 longshot hacked at the back of the base.. good god..if the enemy doesnt take it out it can do so much dmg.. lol

problem is Lazers = tank can kill solo no juice

longshots = assassin can kill solo no juice

I think both need armor upgrades, IMO.. make them more useful, i'm kinda sick of seeing 4 lvl 3 rockets.. its not as interesting..
  14. FTP

FTP New Member

Of COURSE not! I'd never upgrade one of these death traps.

They never do enough damage, even when hacked... they are brittle as hell and waste space more powerful turrets could occupy.... and of course they can be ridiculously abused by enemy tanks that are smart! Now, I understand why turrets can't be replaced by other types, but still...

Just yesterday I got juiced about six times on an easily accessible hacked lvl 3 lazer turret on steel peel.... it was glorious to say the least. I obliterated all turrets they had except this one! ....I think next time i'll leave every lazer turret intact!
  15. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

They REALLY aren't.

A level 3 LB has less health (4500 health vs. 5000 health) and less damage (3 damage x 4 shots x 0.2 fire int, meaning 5 times a second = 60 damage per second Vs. 160 damage x 1.0 fire int, meaning 1 time a second = 160 damage).

On top of that, their fire rate combined with piss poor damage means they're free juice for a Tank. If that Tank is smart, they'll proceed to use it as a constant juice refill for the entirety of the match. He'll never destroy that one turret, he'll just juice off it and wreck everything else.

They're useless. Their only purpose is a last ditch if you're absolutely out of money, and even so you're better off just getting 150 for a Rockit.
  16. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Sigh into my beard, and attempt to catch people taunting off it.

I once joined a match where we had two LV1.3 Lazers next to the Moneyball.

One. Point. 3.
  17. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

[​IMG]

....Just hack the ******* firebase... It's more useful...
  18. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I just hope the bloody thing gets destroyed asap.
  19. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

But thats the problem. It wont get destroyed. Just attacked for juice and left there. We cant replace it and some support will eventually see it and try to heal it bginning the cycle again.

Its weird how this one turret does little to nothing for balance and the only redeeming feature is that its cheap. But even when I'm low on cash i decide,"Oh well, maybe I should push the bots and then I'll have money to buy something useful."
  20. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I yell and ask who the F*** built that useless thing. I usually ignore it, leaving it at level 1, just enough for enemy bots to destroy. Of course, no one ever confesses to building it.
    Same thing applies to longshots... worthless.

Rockits or shave ice. And it better be a 2:1 ratio. 2 rockits 1 shave ice.