What exactly constitutes spawn killing? Is it cheap? Why?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Flawed, February 13, 2011.

1. Flawed

Flawed New Member

I see people complain about spawn killing all the time. I was just wondering what people actually consider spawn killing. I understand the concept of spawn killing on other games and why it's bad. However, I feel the concept becomes hazy in this game because, well, the moneyball is right outside the spawn.

Is it considered spawn killing to jump up on the upper right and kill someone who's right outside their spawn shooting at my teammate who's hitting the moneyball? That's kind of the point of the game isn't it? Let's face it, if you're pushed back into your own base, you're basically in deep do-do anyway.

Are their people who spawn kill and don't hit the moneyball at all? I could definitely see why people would be frustrated with that! It's never happened to me, but is that what people are complaining about?

Just wondering what most people consider sporting and unsporting regarding killing people near their spawn
  2. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Funny that you mention this precisely as people stopped complaining about this for a little while.("-_)>' ----->Thread.
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I may feel differently about this, but...

Doing the objective: Keeping a team who has obviously lost inside their spawnroom, killing anyone who leaves, but KILLING THE MONEYBALL TO END THE GAME AS WELL.

Spawncamping: Staying outside the enemy spawnroom to kill them when they leave, while ignoring the moneyball. Don't try to get bots to it, don't try to kill it if its down, just worry about pros for 10 minutes of the game. I feel this is mostly the losing team's fault, as the winning team would get pushed back by a cooperative opponent, and if the losing team really is bad the least they could do is stay in the spawn because the winning team will get bored without opponents and just end it.

Spawnkilling: Killing the enemy team while they are STILL INSIDE THE PROTECTED SPAWNROOM. This technically requires glitches, as the spawnroom is clearly designed for the intent of complete protection. The game is supposed to spawn you in a completely protected room, where your safe until you leave. The enemy glitching to kill you is an *** move, can't be really avoided, prevents you from being safe in a saferoom, and earns anyone I see doing it a report.
  4. ObiFett

ObiFett New Member

Yes and yes.
  5. harpy515

harpy515 New Member

This is usually the kind of spawn killing that is frowned upon/complained about. Like you said its one thing to be on the upper ring shooting the money ball and kill the person exiting their spawn trying to kill you. It's another to camp outside their spawn and not shoot the money waiting for them to exit.
  6. Undertaker4uplr

Undertaker4uplr New Member

Yes, there are teams out there that spawn camp, which annoys the hell out of me since I play mostly on my own making it tough to coordinate any attack as it is. MOneyball is down, and instead of attacking it, they just wait for anyone to come out of spawn.
  7. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I support this.

Im sorry when the objective is to kill the moneyball and people have pushed you back so drastically you are in your base, that is your fault for getting there. This is a team game, unlike CoD where 1 person can make a huge difference, this game it is not that way. If you are on the spawn ring it is totally fair to be killing people coming out.

Spawn Killing however would be abusing certain glitches, like mortar striking the inside of the spawn room, and the gunner mortar trick launching them into the spawn room...now that is really spawn camping

Spawn Ring running is as legit as fighting in the center of the room
  8. Flawed

Flawed New Member

Thanks folks. Sounds like I don't have to worry much about being accused of spawn killing. I'm all about pushing bots
  9. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

less'n you kill bots as they exit their spawn.
  10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Gunner isn't worth poop against the money ball, but can keep your assault and assassin safe by spawn killing.
  11. Flawed

Flawed New Member

I've done that a few times on spunky, but as I play an assassin, it's not like it's hard to stop me. It basically only works when the other teams not doing their job in the first place...
  12. MootPinks

MootPinks New Member

As your ultimate target - the moneyball - sits a few meters away from the enemy spawn, it's impossible to play the game and NOT spawncamp.

Spawn killing inside the spawn room is just an exploit that you occasionally see used.
  13. IPUR3 EVIL

IPUR3 EVIL New Member

I have no problem with being killed as i come out the spawn door as thats mine an my teams fault for losing control of the map but when im killed inside the spawn room then that **** winds me up.
  14. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

i have an idea to stop people from exploiting spawnroom glitches.
    They drop bacon. Lots and lots of bacon. :D
  15. Z Bear

Z Bear New Member

If it's a competitive game, tournament or whatnot, I wouldn't be bothered at all by people spawn camping. But in the pubs, seriously? The ironic thing is, the last several times I've seen spawn camping (and even spawn killing) in the pubs, it's been forum people doing it.

Is there anything we can do about it? No. Which is why I don't generally complain or even get worked up, I just go to a different game. And hopefully, the devs will continue to come up with solutions to make the practice more difficult.
  16. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I like that idea!!!!!
  17. mulletmann21

mulletmann21 New Member

What grinds my gears about spawn camping is when you join into a game where your team has already lost map control and the bots are pouring into your base with all 6 of the enemy team's pros lined up waiting to kill you. Nothing you can do about it other than rage quit.
  18. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Soon, 2 bottom floor spawn exits on each side will make the enemy have to focus on 2 different areas around the base for spawning enemies.

On pc, spawncamping is much much harder. Enemies usually cant cover every single door out of the 5.
  19. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

If you are in a group and run into another group and out play them, by all means farm those kills and let the BOTS do their thing. If you are in a group and you are playing a random team of low level people and you start air striking or mortaring the spawn room, you are a jerk and should feel bad for carrying out such a **** move on people who never had a chance in the first place.
  20. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

If you are getting easily killed, and an entire enemy team is camping just outside the spawnroom... just stay inside the spawnroom. It will make them furious. Get 3 gunners and just deploy in front of doors with jetpacks facing out the door, and jump constantly. Dont let teammates out, just stay in and bore the enemy into doing their damn job.