Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients kickstarter

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Matster, December 11, 2014.

1. Matster

Matster Active Member

Hi, Guys.

Since we all who play Planetary Annihilation love RTS games I wanted to make you aware that Longbowgames the developers of Hegemony: Phillip of Macedon, Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece and Hegemony Rome: Rise of Caesar have started a new kickstarter to help them found their new game Hegemony III: Clash of the Ancients.

Longbows games are all played on a large scale RTS map where a very important feature is supply and logistics so that your armies don't die or your cities starve and conquered cities rebel. Battles are real time in formations and morale is a critical factor. Also for all casual gamers - the games have active pause implemented which is a crucial part of their games cause the whole map is simultaneous and thus there are no loading screens besides the one on the start of the game. Basically this game is about empire building and conquering the ancient world. All of their games are as much history accurate as possible and their last game Hegemony: Rise of Caesar was made after the Commentarii de bello Gallico by Gaius Julius Caesar.

The game is going to have 25 factions and its going to be played on a real time map of mainland Italy in the time when Rome was still an unimportant city state. Basically you will be able to play as Rome, Etruscans, Greeks, etc. The developers are only asking for 30.000 CAD (which is about 26.000 USD) to finish the game.

For anybody interested this game is going to be released drm-free on the developers website and probably also on gog.com. Steam release is a certainty.

Link to the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/longbowgames/hegemony-iii-clash-of-the-ancients

Do reload the kickstarter page if doesn't load since they seem to have a few problems with that at the moment.

Help the developers out if you can - they are a very small developer studio from Canada that makes very good RTS games in almost non existent RTS market at this point.

Link to the developers website: https://www.longbowgames.com/

Scroll down and check out the kickstarster video and two gameplay videos of their older games.
    Last edited: December 13, 2014
  2. Matster

Matster Active Member

Check out the kickstarter video on youtube here:

3. Matster

Matster Active Member

First developers update wen't up today. Stretch goals have been changed so that the language localization and game ports for mac and linux are separate goals now.

Kickstarter building animation video for the new option to build buildings in the city has been added in the updates.

Check out their tumblr page daily for new funny animations related to Hegemony games: http://hegemonyiii.tumblr.com/

Twitter site here: https://twitter.com/LongbowDevs

Pledging at the lowest level which is now 25CAD is the same as 16.6€ and 20.6USD just to explain to people who wonder how much that is in the two most used currencys.

Some gameplay videos from their older games just to show you what their games are about:

Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece

Hegemony Rome: Rise of Caesar

4. HeadClot

HeadClot Member

I already backed :D
    Matster likes this.
  5. Matster

Matster Active Member

First update video from Rick Yorgason one of the Longbow developers wen't online on Kickstarter:

Check it out here:
    Last edited: December 14, 2014
  6. Matster

Matster Active Member

Small update

The developers are going to do a live stream of the early alpha gameplay, the new game editor and also a developer Q&A on Thursday (december 18th) at 8pm GMT/ 3pm EST.

So check the new developers twitch channel on Thursday if you wan't to know more about the game and you can ask questions about it if you are not sure about pledging.

Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/longbowgames
  7. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

The full zoom from a battle out to the strategic layer is what got me interested in this one.
  8. Matster

Matster Active Member

Yeah its true that the game is played simultaneously on the whole map where basically tactical and strategic layers are fused together so that there is no loading screens or anything. The scope of the game is really huge hence why it has active pause - especially useful when you are attacked at several fronts/cities and you need to defend (everything is micro in these games) so you have to jump from one crisis spot to another. Be sure to check the developers twitch stream tomorrow to see what its about.
  9. Matster

Matster Active Member

First developer live stream with a bit of gameplay and presentation of the map editor is now over.

Check out the live stream stored on youtube below:
  10. Matster

Matster Active Member

For anybody interested in Hegemony games I would like to point out that the developers now have a sale in their own store for Hegemony Rome: Rise of Caesar their current game.

The game is now discounted to 7.49$ and is drm-free. Basically this is a good occassion if you wan't to see what these games are about.

So if you are interested in it you can get it in developers store here: https://www.longbowgames.com/rome/
    Last edited: December 22, 2014
  11. Geers

Geers Post Master General

One day I'm going to make a game and advertise it as "DRM-free" but it will have DRM.

And when people come to my forum to complain about it I'll say "What are you complaining about? You got the DRM for free, like I said you would!"

#hazythoughtsofasleepdeprivedmind.
    Matster likes this.
  12. Matster

Matster Active Member

Good one and I think that would be a nice surprise to all people buying but really that is for the developer to decide how it want's to protect its own game :)
  13. Matster

Matster Active Member

New developer update wen't online today. Its showing the working of the map editor that will be included with the game if the kickstarter is successfull which still has a long way to go but there is still time left to pledge.

Check the map editor video here:
  14. Matster

Matster Active Member

The kickstarter is still on for 4 days but its now obvious that the game won't be funded. Another good RTS game very possibly dead. I would like to thank everybody that pledged and everybody that took the opportunity to check the game out.
    Last edited: January 4, 2015
  15. Matster

Matster Active Member

Might as well resurrect this thread for interested parties. Hegemony III: Clash of the Titans that failed in kickstarter has been succesfully made by the devs and will be released on Steam tomorrow.

Check it out here on steam store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/308173/