PA Running Unusually Slow | Game booster enabled

Discussion in 'Support!' started by bengeocth, December 13, 2014.

1. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

The game is running very slow, as in units waiting 5 seconds before following my commands, When using the selection box, units are selected after 5 seconds of me releasing the mouse...

Here is my DxDiag. Tell me whats wrong yall

Edit: Lobby is slow, too, and game is unstable and crashes a lot. Clicking a button results in a 20-60 second wait.

Attached Files:

Last edited: December 13, 2014
  2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Maybe the problem is because of your outdated graphics drivers?

Code:
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 8550G
    Driver Version: 14.301.1001.0
    Driver Date/Size: 9/15/2014 17:31:42, 1335544 bytes
    Your drivers are from September, but the newest drivers are from December. Here is the link to the official AMD website: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows 8.1 - 64
  3. bengeocth

Edit:
    the autodectect told me I was fine... thanks for your help!
  4. Kiamo

Kiamo New Member

I am having the same kind of lag. Although my game isn't unstable or crashing.

Attached Files:

5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

6. bengeocth

I don't guess there's anything else I can do for it? The lobby and control lag is unbearble- I've considered stopping playing PA - GET THESE DARK THOUGHTS OUT OF MY HEAD.

new dxdiag

Attached Files:

7. bengeocth

Wheres the SSX tech support guy when you need him.
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I noticed that both you and @Kiamo have large amounts of download errors for the Windows update. One or two reports I've found about that blame crappy wi-fi. So assuming both of you play over wi-fi, could you try disabling the wi-fi on your laptop and just stick in an Ethernet cable directly? Do you still lag then?

By the way, SXX is not tech support, but just an (overly) helpful PA player. Also for summoning purposes, it helps to spell his name right and put an @ in front of his name so he gets an alert. Like so: @SXX :)
  9. bengeocth

wifi: Not an option, my dad's computer does that. And does the speed of clicking a button in the lobby or selecting a unit really have to do with wifi? No.
    Summoning SSX: I was, but his name wasn't popping up in the list.

PA is no longer playable. I'm done. I loved this game, but I guess I just can't. Ten minutes into the game I am unable to select units and I am just done. The felling of being absolutely useless has gotten to me in team games. I can't correct this problem, so, I guess I just can't.

This is really the most frustrating feeling ever.

plz halp
    Last edited: December 14, 2014
  10. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Your DxDiag doesn't contain anything interesting. Can you please add me on Steam for instant chat?

Unfortunately I'm a bit sick at moment and just sleep all day long so can't check forums as often as I want. :(
    Still I possible can let you few ideas what you can check and change to make PA run fast again.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  11. bengeocth

invite is sent
  12. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Well I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure it means there was a failure to do with Windows Update.
    optimi likes this.
  13. bengeocth

It's my internet- SSX and I chatted on steam. He had me play a singleplayer game on a large system and compare it to a multiplayer one. Yeah. singleplayer one won.