Target/Kmart Australia Pull GTA V Off Shelves

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Geers, December 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Definition from FBI.gov
    Sex offenses (except forcible rape, prostitution, and commercialized vice)—Offenses against chastity, common decency, morals, and the like. Incest, indecent exposure, and statutory rape are included. Attempts are included.
    Let's say that you had sex with your wife (or husband , I don't judge.). But beat them afterwards for not cooking something. By your definition that is a sex crime. But it is clearly domestic abuse because it is not related to sex in any way.
  2. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

I'd imagine such a thing would have to be decided by a court of law (i.e. the relevance to the act of sex, etc) and not by us Internet lawyers. Certainly, it's a direct link between two activities that perhaps would upset people (and rightfully so), no?

Though please remember that America is not the world. Too often, people forget that :p
  3. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Wait a second. You can give sex out for free and its ok but if you charge for it you go to jail ?
  4. Gorbles

The laws on prostitution are a bit hypocritical, if that's what you mean. There also, notably, aren't many male brothels around that I know of. Or as many, that's for sure.

Then again there are people in the world that still think weather patterns are influenced by homosexual behaviour, so go figure :D
    stuart98, squishypon3 and lolmontoya like this.
  5. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Yeah that's kinda what I meant. When I used the FBI site , it was a response to you using wikipedia because it is community ran and therefore a page can be edited to fit ones standards of evidence. I was just using something a bit more " official ".
  6. Gorbles

Yeah, I provide Wiki for quick references. They are, generally, referenced though. When in doubt / if people are being picky, I spend the time to source the sources instead.
  7. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Fair enough.
  8. Taxman66

Taxman66 Well-Known Member

Validate feminism? I was making a mockery of it...
    I'm not saying that 40,000 people were feminists, but this whole idea is feminist propaganda and ideology - that if men are getting beaten, raped, murdered, enslaved in the real world (and in the media) it should either be ignored and sometimes it is celebrated by man-hating feminists. But...if a woman feels uncomfortable we all need to bow our heads in shame, throw rocks at whoever stands in their way and sign petitions trying to ban something which is fictional.

******* hypocrites.

Feminism does not equal equality.
  9. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Most moderate feminists ( the ones for equality ) are actually egalitarians .
  10. Taxman66

If they were true gender-egalitarians they would be supporting the Men's Rights Movement.
  11. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

I don't support MRAs because of the fact that in my experience working with several MRA organizations , they tend to be mad at women because they couldn't get a date.
  12. Taxman66

I think thats the same with some feminists to be honest. Haha

I'm certainly not for the 'Men going their own way' crap but it's pretty clear that men are the slaves of society - not necessarily slaves to women, but men are generally under-privileged in many (not all) respects.
  13. Taxman66

So much political correctness here. I can almost smell the butthurt.
    lolmontoya likes this.
  14. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Way to generalize based on the vocal minority. :S

Personally I'd like if feminists preferred the name equalists, but whatever. They're certainly not all radical and for a female dominant society, that's just the ones you see on TV.
  15. Matster

Matster Active Member

I really don't understand this push against certain games and this in Australia where games are already hard to afford and get.
  16. arseface

arseface Post Master General

You posted my argument for me, I didn't think I had to.

To put it bluntly, shooting somebody after having sex with them is not a sex crime. Even if the motive is related, it would not be a sex crime.
    Taxman66 and squishypon3 like this.
  17. Gorbles

The only reason you can't do both at the same time is because the former is a non-interactive sequence scripted by the developers.

As said, with all these "OMG BUT REAL LIFE" posts, the fact of the matter would be decided in a court of law, and not here on a web forum. Ta.

Though it's amazing the lengths of pedantry people will go to to defend what they find acceptable, when others do not.
  18. squishypon3

We know it's a non-interactive scene; this means what you said earlier is false. You can not assault women more in GTA than you can men, they are equals in the game in that sense.
  19. squishypon3

Well to be fair male brothels don't exactly have to be for homosexual behaviors. :p

Anyway I personally don't believe prostitution should be illegal (for men or women) as it's their body, their choice.

But that's for a whole other discussion. XD
  20. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

Wonder how many books Target has on their shelves that go way beyond the immoralities of GTA V or any other game.
    But books aren't video games so it's fine, right? Right?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.