PTE Build 76412-pte now live (updated with new build 12/16/14)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, December 5, 2014.

1. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Apologies I've only confused matters with poor wording. In both cases I was referring to auto energy.
  2. fullestdarklink

fullestdarklink New Member

its fixed with the new update no more lag on the change in built units and then changing to a new one thts fixed found out what was shading the uc was stratera icons ui it was disabled but still shaded it i had to spam disable and re-able over to fix
    carn1x likes this.
  3. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Behavior of land units launched into water changed slightly - now they are stuck in the sky.

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 19.48.07 .png
  4. jables

jables Uber Employee

Yeah this doesn't have any unit cannon bug fixes. Those will show up soon.
    squishypon3 and Remy561 like this.
  5. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Just played an ai team game. Myself with 2 ai vs 3 ai on the Pax system, all commanders set to absurd difficulty. Unfortunately both of my ai commanders never did anything the whole game. I noticed that both of them started in the water on the earth planet if that's of any help.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I tried pulling the 1v1 systems into the system editor and ran into a bug: in addPlanet it checks

Code:
    planetSpec.planetCSG || planetSpec.metal_spots || planetSpec.landing_zones
    and then proceeds to dereference the length properties of all of them - even though only one of them is guaranteed to be non-null.
  7. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Are you guys still working on the Unit Cannon Model and anim or are you just teasing us?
    :eek:
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Do you consider that a bug btw?
    Cause I do.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@jables any chance of some tweaks to the Grenadier? I guess changing the dox could improve them by default though I think the main issue with them is they can't really stand up to tanks at all as they currently stand.

I really like them as a unit and ideally they should be epic when placed behind walls or buildings (so the building tanks the damage) but as things stand they just don't appear to work that way.
    squishypon3 and igncom1 like this.
  11. Alphasite

Alphasite Active Member

Wait, why? Purely from a logical standpoint, it makes perfect sense that the reclaim is negative build, so uses energy, but from a gameplay point of view, what reason is there to have reclaim be free? Its not like this game has ever had a unit shortage, the game already struggles with its current size.
  12. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Well it would make reclaim a more important aspect of the game (and fyi combat fabbers do offer free reclaim).

Reclaim was one of the deciding factors in TA and in Spring games (as all units left a wreck). I used to win games all the time with less expansion than my opponent by making good use of reclaim, and it also gave a nice opportunity to counter attack (as once you defeat a large invasion your left with a lot of wreckage that you can throw back at them).

I really think PA could benefit from a bit of this as it makes the maps somewhat more dynamic (with wreckage blocking movement and creating new resource fields). That said without wreckage reclaim energy use won't make much difference as there's little to reclaim in the first place.
  13. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

Would love to see this thing, extend its rail as part of the firing animation.
  14. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

I pictured this in my head. So sad :(
  15. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

one thing i like to throw in since pte has yet to go stable are units that are currently underused ...
    that would be imo grenadiers and combatfabs ... i think grenadiers should get a arc and aoe buff and combatfabs both t1 and 2 need to be more cost effective
    thoughts?
  16. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

*old guy voice* in my day, reclaiming gave us energy.
    squishypon3 and cola_colin like this.
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

pretty simple anything fabbers do cost them energy ... be it building or reclaiming .. or eventualy capturing ...
    weither stuff does give them energy or not does not matter ...
    or are you expecting a vacuum to not requiere electricity when you use it ...
  18. cola_colin

reclaiming trees yeah. Good old times
  19. cola_colin

Because TA and FA have proven that it works best. Reclaiming gives you more metal. You need more energy to use that metal anyway. In the current state of energy limited economy it makes completely no sense to trade energy for metal from wrecks that you then have to use by using even more energy, all while actually energy is the major limiting factor for your economic growth during the crucial t1 phase (that 1vs1 games most often do not even leave because t2 is too expensive in relation to the available resources). When I first saw that fabbers use energy to reclaim my first thought was "oh somebody was lazy and implemented reclaim as negative building" using energy is just soo wrong, especially considering how extremely high energy cost running fabbers has. Not to mention that, judging by all the bugs this code has (like 0 energy units are reduced in reclaim rate if you stall energy) I would not be surprised that this really is just the result of quick and dirty code.

Not to mention that, yeah reclaiming trees would be kinda cool to get more energy:
    reclaiming trees yeah. Good old times
    cdrkf and warrenkc like this.
  20. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

All it takes is reduced combat fab cost. Then we can have reclaiming trees again. :)