PTE Build 76412-pte now live (updated with new build 12/16/14)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, December 5, 2014.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

If it processes auto-economy once per sim-tick, then it would allow for one-tick's usage. If it's only once a sim-second (10 ticks), then allow for that much.

I could see a case for leaving a small storage buffer in case of unexpected variance, rather than targeting 0. Especially with energy to keep radar on.
    cola_colin likes this.
  2. fullestdarklink

fullestdarklink New Member

there is a bug with the unit cannon if u change the unit being built while its building to fill the next pod
    it cuts frames by half and lags the game alot still testing to see if this was a 1 time bug
    also some ui mods shade the unit cannon icon slot making it impossible to build without disableing them trying to figure out which one tho.
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Any mod which adds units or changes what units build what will prevent you from being able to build the Unit Cannon at all unless they have been updated to work for the PTE. This is due to the need to currently shadow the file that defines the build menus.

@jables - the need to shadow build.js & unit_list.json severely hampers the creation/usefulness of unit mods, as only one such mod can be active at a time. Is there any current plan to allow these files/their functionality to be hooked into instead of needing to be shadowed?
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

What's the point of even having simulated projectiles if you're going to nullify it by removing reaction time?
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I've not looking into this a lot, but do we actually need to shadow build.js? For my first ever mod that adds a new unit I did as I was told to do so by people who are used to adding new units, but looking at it myself now I think that may be because somebody without UI modding experience came up the idea and it was just copied from mod to mod. I don't think you actually need to shadow build.js
    It's a js file used in the client. It should be possible to modify the buildbar UI that uses build.js instead of directly modifing build.js. In fact from a quick look it seems to be quite simple:
    build.js defines an observable that is then used in live_game_build_bar.js.
    The global name of it is model.buildHotkeyModel() within the scene. So the observable with that name within live_game_build_bar.js very likely can be modified from a UI mod without shadowing anything.
    Though a better solution would be if the server side would tell the UI what units it wants to have in the buildbar. There is no reason why the UI should have a redundant copy of "what factory builds what", as it has right now.

The real issue is unit_list.json
    As that file is used server side we cannot do anything about it, as there is no hooking system on the server at all.
    proeleert and Raevn like this.
  6. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I was able to reproduce and fix bug 1). Thanks for reporting it.

Bugs 2) and 3) are confusing. Units set to Conserve Energy will not spend energy for any reason, storage conditions and assisting units do not have any effect.
  7. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Great, thanks!

Confusing because you need more details to repro?
  8. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

There's quite a few, like seeing if there's something in the way that the projectile will hit, or to make it look cooler. On the topic of looking cool, if the tank projectiles are sped up much more, I can see shells in individual frames teleporting closer to the enemy. Maybe it's my monitor "only" being 60Hz, or maybe the projectiles are only visually being updated at 30Hz? *shrug*, just an extra negative effect that speeding up projectiles too much could have.
  9. jables

jables Uber Employee

OP updated with new build information. 76011-pte now up.
    ArchieBuld, drz1, squishypon3 and 9 others like this.
  10. towerbabbel

towerbabbel Active Member

Whee, new ranked maps!
  11. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

There will be another fix coming to further fix Sub Commander (and the AI in general).
  12. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Keep it comming gentleman!! Awesome stuff and fast aswell :D
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I will be sad if you really get rid of Forge from the map rotation. I know it's small but that map is really fun.
  14. jables

jables Uber Employee

We are not removing ranked maps in live.. just in PTE so we can focus play on the maps we want feedback on.
    tollman, Remy561, pieman2906 and 2 others like this.
  15. wondible

wondible Post Master General

New Unit Cannon model, with beginnings of building animation.

Screen Shot 2014-12-08 at 17.39.02 .png
  16. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Does frigate = Narwhal, and Destroyer = Orca?
  17. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

It's... beautiful
    Remy561 and kjotak109 like this.
  18. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It looks so...alien.

YES.
    I Don't Like Forge.

It's just so repetitive.
  19. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Forge actually seems to have a lot of options for sneaky expansion and maneuvering considering how small the map is. The only problem I have with it is that you really need to play tetris with your base because there is so little room to build. Even that can have some very interesting gameplay consequences though as it forces the base to grow into awkward and hard to defend shapes.
  20. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Reclaiming requires energy, therefore units set to 'Conserve Energy' will not reclaim. Building units requires energy; therefore a factory set to conserve energy will never finish the unit, so it will never take off. "Conserve Energy' is expected to be a temporary... it allows you to pause units which are spending energy without erasing their orders. You are expected to change their mode back to 'Consume Energy' before they take any action again. The reported behavior is not a bug.

However, you should be able to set units to use the 'Auto' stance to allow them to turn off and on without micromanagement.
    Remy561 likes this.